WTB: Jeep Wrangler TJ Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
26176275_10156932931929115_1926279083_n.jpg

The owner of the bumper indicated that as a rust patch that was not through the tube. Just looks like the PC flaked off where it rusted.

Oh... I see like 1mm of depth to that spot, which made me think that it was possibly really bad rust that had eaten through the metal.

So let's see, I'd have to pay for shipping that thing (probably about $80 with my UPS negotiated rates), then pay about $150-$200 to have it media blasted and then powder coated. So I'd be into it for about $500 give-or-take.

Hmmm... that's quite a bit. But is he even willing to ship it?

Oh... I see like 1mm of depth to that spot, which made me think that it was possibly really bad rust that had eaten through the metal.

So let's see, I'd have to pay for shipping that thing (probably about $80 with my UPS negotiated rates), then pay about $150-$200 to have it media blasted and then powder coated. So I'd be into it for about $500 give-or-take.

That's not bad. If you can get the rear for 500 that will be pretty good. Considering what new rear bumpers cost of that quality.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
That's not bad. If you can get the rear for 500 that will be pretty good. Considering what new rear bumpers cost of that quality.

That's what I figured. I just have to wonder if he is willing to ship. The last guy seemed very reluctant to ship.

$500 for a freshly media blasted and powder coated bumper.

I can forward you his information, I have no idea if he is willing to ship or not.

Hell even if he didn't want to ship the bumper I could pick it up for you and ship it myself.

$500 for a freshly media blasted and powder coated bumper.

I can forward you his information, I have no idea if he is willing to ship or not.

Hell even if he didn't want to ship the bumper I could pick it up for you and ship it myself.

Okay, PM me his info and I'll reach out to him. Shipping itself isn't hard (like I said, I can print a shipping label and send it), the hard part is finding a box it will fit in and packaging so it isn't damaged.

Reactions: Starrs
Nice thing is that if your going to refinish it anyway, shipping becomes much easier. Scratches just didn't matter at that point.

The metal doesn't look missing to me. Just a bad rust spot. That's an easy clean up job.

Reactions: Chris
Still looking.

One guy won't ship, the other guy who will ship seems to be a complete flake, and I simply don't trust with giving my money to. Not that he's screw me over completely, but he seems like the type who would take my money, then make me wait 2-3 months before getting the bumper.

Oh how I wish one would just pop up on eBay, locally, or at least somewhere reputable.

Still looking.

One guy won't ship, the other guy who will ship seems to be a complete flake, and I simply don't trust with giving my money to. Not that he's screw me over completely, but he seems like the type who would take my money, then make me wait 2-3 months before getting the bumper.

Oh how I wish one would just pop up on eBay, locally, or at least somewhere reputable.
I really think you’d be more than happy with the ARB rear and carrier. Super expensive, but I know you like quality parts.

I really think you’d be more than happy with the ARB rear and carrier. Super expensive, but I know you like quality parts.

Oh, I know I would be too! It's just more than I want to spend, but moreover, I don't actually need a tire carrier bumper for 31" tires. That's not to ay I wouldn't take one though if I could get it for a lot cheaper than $1400!

Status
Not open for further replies.