WTB: TJ/LJ Hard Top Front Latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

techster82

Lover of Lifted LJs
Supporting Member
I'm looking for a front latch from a TJ/LJ hard top (the two in front that latch it to the windshield, but I only need one). The top I purchased has a slightly bent one that I'd like to replace. Let me know if you have one or know of one. Thank in advance!

I'll check...I had a soft top header replaced under warranty. I kept the latches, just in case. I can compare them to what's on my hard top.

I'll check...I had a soft top header replaced under warranty. I kept the latches, just in case. I can compare them to what's on my hard top.

Thank you sir! I came across some soft top latches but a couple of places mentioned they were different. If thats not the case I'm definitely interested in one.

Here is what I have...
15268333809931182154092.jpg

Comparing it to my hard top, looks like the mounting bracket is different.
20180520_114210.jpg

Not sure it wouldn't work, but can not say for sure it will, either.

You can go online to GR8TOPS website and purchase replacement hinges for the TJ. Not factory, but definitely an alternative to consider

Thats a great idea. I've been on their site to look at the Exogate but didn't think about hinges.

After going back and looking the only hinges listed are for a CJ-7/8 top. I wonder if I call them if they'll sell me a TJ/LJ hard top hinge.....

If you call us during the week I'm sure we could get you hooked up with something. I'm a new employee there so I don't know everything but what I do know is that our website is a little disorganized and we're working on cleaning it up.

Reactions: techster82
If you call us during the week I'm sure we could get you hooked up with something. I'm a new employee there so I don't know everything but what I do know is that our website is a little disorganized and we're working on cleaning it up.

Thats great news and I really appreciate you posting here. I actually sent an email a week or so ago through the website with some compatibility questions on the Exogate but never got a response. Maybe I can schedule a call with you and get everything knocked out at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.