Zedd

TJ Enthusiast
Wtf is this TJ😂

86CE32B3-5BFF-46BC-BB8F-D48AD0FDF124.png

Cheaper version of a Brute package

You are looking at an ad that ends with this statement:

If you have any questions you can call me at
show contact info

Just joking around. It's the only hard top I sometimes wish I had. Other times I'm glad I don't have one because I'd hate to have a passenger when it's raining and needed to haul anything not waterproof. I remember getting rid of my VW Rabbit Truck after my son and I had a pizza drown on the way home when we picked it up for supper.

Removing the roll bars on a high center of gravity vehicle just seems like a bad idea.

Removing the roll bars on a high center of gravity vehicle just seems like a bad idea.

That bothers me as well. I like the look a lot, but there seems to be a significant compromise in safety.

Reactions: Zedd
i saw an LJ with that top locally, and it's not to bad, it looks like a cool mini pick-up. a guy up the road has 1 on a TJ he plows with and it looks kinda funky that stubby. a few inches of wheelbase makes all the diff.

Reactions: Zedd and jjvw
Not really enough room, the old CJ8 had to have the seat belt attach through the top because the roll bar was behind the top...

I like the look....and like what has been said a roll bar would fix the safety issue.The extra bars on the LJ above would make it look better.
As for the interior, Im a compact guy so plenty of room for me (y)

I like the look....and like what has been said a roll bar would fix the safety issue.The extra bars on the LJ above would make it look better.
As for the interior, Im a compact guy so plenty of room for me (y)
IIRC they will make provisions to still use the rear bars. I can't find it now but I remember reading somewhere that the manufacturer would pre-cut or mark the top so the end user can retain the use of the rear sport cage bars through the back of the top. They also have the rubber grommets to seal the top to the bars.

1576033368482.png

Status
Not open for further replies.