Washington WTT: Rear Savvy Control Arms for MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, I’ve been following Mike’s experiment with the channels and the next step drilling the zerks out. I’ve been thinking about keeping the Savvy arms and JJ’s and watching his experiment. Im in no hurry to ditch them. I am forging ahead with the MC arms, and I hope to have them next week.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I ran MC joints for 10 years and never touched them. My JJs have already been pulled apart and re-greased twice in less than 2 years and 3k miles.

But this flies in the face of all the Savvy/JJ fanboy action on this forum, doesn't it? I'm confused.

JMT, did you make a deal yet for your Savvy arms? Are you going to MC arms? Just curious. I guess I'm curious and confused. Oh no. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: jjvw
How did this go?

(I know this is a 'Parts for Sale' section but I'll take the information wherever/however I can get it.
It went fine. Much better than the RC crap that was on it. I bought the Overland control arms because the XJ won't see any crazy off roading.
Claytons stuff is top notch, and they are a great to deal with.
My LJ is equipped with their long arm kit. It has held up really well. However, if I was to do it all over again, I would have gone with their short arm or a mid-arm.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/prod...rt-lower-control-arms-1984-2006-tj-lj-xj-zj-0

Reactions: HaydukeLives!
But this flies in the face of all the Savvy/JJ fanboy action on this forum, doesn't it? I'm confused.

JMT, did you make a deal yet for your Savvy arms? Are you going to MC arms? Just curious. I guess I'm curious and confused. Oh no. LOL.

Yes. I’m just waiting for the MC’s. I haven’t decided what to do with the Savvy arms yet. I could have switched bushings in the lowers, but I may pass them along to my son’s TJR and let him decide.

Reactions: HaydukeLives!
Status
Not open for further replies.