Wyoming Wyoming Wheeling

bucky

Old Fart
Supporting Member
The wife and I are looking at purchasing a summer home in the Riverton Wyoming area. We need to move our tax base out of Ca so we need to be there for at least 6 months and a day. Anyone have any info on wheeling in the area or any local information? We would love to move to the Jackson or Cody areas but real estate prices there are as crazy as Ca.

Should look at fare Eastern Wyoming in the black hills area. Awesome wheeling just across the border in South Dakota. The Black hills Are beautiful

Reactions: JMT
There is a trail near Cody called the Morrison Jeep Trail. The highlights are major steep switchbacks. Climbing way up to a trail that travels along ways. Grizzly country, and very remote. I am in Cody now and passed by the area of Morrison Jeep Trail. It’s thirty minutes north of Cody and it is a trail I would consider doing with a friend. You can find videos of it on YouTube.

As for living in Cody, I hope you like wind.

077CCAC9-BE30-449A-A0C3-3993C64E6FFD.jpeg

Reactions: tworley
On the west side of Wyoming is a really nice area near the Utah border there is a small town called Evanston...
Spent several days there when the mountain pass was closed due to a bad winter storm.
There are several small towns with small town country living...

Last edited:
Northeastern WY is awesome. Riverton is a shithole to be honest. Wheeling in Western WY is good. Afton is right up there in the hills of it but very small if you're looking on that end. On the Eastern side, there's plenty in the Big Horns. I'm here in the Big Horns now.

I just moved to WY from CA not long ago.

20210918_144952.jpg

20210918_140157.jpg

20210918_134504.jpg

Last edited:
I spent a couple of days in the Sheridan/Buffalo area last week looking at places to buy. I was shocked they all were California prices. Realtor said all the millionaires are priced out in Jackson by all the billionaires. I’ll have to wait for the next crash. I wish Uncle Joe would give me some money.

Reactions: ejay
Yep, asswipe celebrities ruin everything.
Plenty of other areas worth a shot though. We're fond of Lander, Sheridan is cool, and the Saratoga area is nice too. I grew up 20mi west of Laramie, lots of wind there if that's your thing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JMT