X-Jack? Anyone used one of these?

Oh, the LIABILITY!

download (5).jpeg

So much faith in a stitch.

I know heavy-weight wrecker trucks have an industrial-sized version of this that they use to right semi trailers and other large vehicles.

As far as the consumer grade stuff, I really haven't heard enough about them to know one way or the other.

I know heavy-weight wrecker trucks have an industrial-sized version of this that they use to right semi trailers and other large vehicles.

As far as the consumer grade stuff, I really haven't heard enough about them to know one way or the other.
we carry air bags like you are referring to on heavy rescue companies, they are not inflated with exhaust. We actually have two different styles, one, similar to the X-Jack operates on 7-14 psi and is considered a med. pressure bag. They will lift quite a bit of weight, pretty easy to figure out, multiply the square inches of contact by the pressure and you have the lift capacity. The down side is they roll around a lot because the side walls are very flexible. We also have high pressure bags, 145 psi, but they only lift short distances, and become much to rounded if you lift to far. The largest bag we have will lift 74 tons.....but they are industrial strength and in 25 year I have never seen one blow or come apart.... not so sure the same could be said for the X-Jack.......

we carry air bags like you are referring to on heavy rescue companies, they are not inflated with exhaust. We actually have two different styles, one, similar to the X-Jack operates on 7-14 psi and is considered a med. pressure bag. They will lift quite a bit of weight, pretty easy to figure out, multiply the square inches of contact by the pressure and you have the lift capacity. The down side is they roll around a lot because the side walls are very flexible. We also have high pressure bags, 145 psi, but they only lift short distances, and become much to rounded if you lift to far. The largest bag we have will lift 74 tons.....but they are industrial strength and in 25 year I have never seen one blow or come apart.... not so sure the same could be said for the X-Jack.......
I was hoping somebody in the industry would chime in. Thanks for the insight.

I know several people who own and use these. Most won't use anything else if they can help it. However they are finicky, a friend I wheel with often has one and in 2 years we have yet to make it work. It won't hook up to her exhaust as she has a turn down, it won't hook to mine as the tale pipe is cut at an angle. When used with an air compressor it works slowly but does work, if you are at all off camber it tends to fall over, and even on flat ground it sometimes does. Every time we take it out to try the hilift always ends up being used after an hour of screwing around.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: Equilibrium31