Xmas gifts for your woman?

Many Christmases ago I gave my wife a divorce. In the years since I've realized that it was the best gift I ever received.

Very well said, & I too remember not grasping what a gift it was at the time. Now, many years out when someone tells me they’re getting divorced my initial reaction is to congratulate them, & not because I have anything against marriage but when one has reached that stage the fact that someone involved in it stepped up to the plate to put it out of its misery is cause for celebration for both parties even if it doesn’t seem like that at that moment… so many bad ones limp along forever, it's painful to watch knowing what you know on this side.

Reactions: Kathy and lowranger
This is why I hate xmas...we are at the point now that if we want/need anything we just buy it. I am just sending her shopping carts of stuff I would have bought already. She is getting the instapot an "exciting" new crock/steam/pressure cooking pot...woohoo???
Ha ha, I was looking at the same thing - for the same reason!
Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B1VC13K/?tag=wranglerorg-20

My wife and I just buy stuff when we want it and say "that's your birthday present" or "that's your christmas present". My leather seats were my "birthday present" even though they were bought months before the actual date.

She gettin' nothin'...

Cause we're buying baby stuff for our first child coming in February instead!

Pulling for the 2nd (my birthday!!)

Anyways- top tip: don’t buy any of the baby stuff with the Jeep brand. Without exception, it’s all garbage.

People bought us a ton of Jeep things since my wife and I are both enthusiasts. All of it went to the trash in short order.

To quote @zebra12 's kids, why cant you do both?
I honestly don't want the project. The frame does seem solid enough so someone will get a really decent rig. I've kept it stock, except I swapped out the body color fender flares for black. And just kept it up with maintenance. I've only got about 70500 miles on her so someone will get a lot of fun out of her!

I'm thinking of a pistol. She has her concealed carry but has not chosen what to carry yet. Ideas folks?
My wife has a M&P Shield 9mm, and a LC9. I tried to talk her into the XDS like I carry, but she didn't want to go .45, and they didn't offer the 9mm at the time we were shopping.

Love my XDS .45 too. She says it feels too large. I am honestly considering a .22 just so she will actually carry. I know all the arguments already. My .380 gives her too much recoil snap. I'm being forced into a corner a bit.... Any ideas about a reliable .22 auto? Thanks for the ideas!
(Sorry to OP. Don't mean to steal the thread. Maybe your wife needs a pistol?)

Reactions: XISophos
Love my XDS .45 too. She says it feels too large. I am honestly considering a .22 just so she will actually carry. I know all the arguments already. My .380 gives her too much recoil snap. I'm being forced into a corner a bit.... Any ideas about a reliable .22 auto? Thanks for the ideas!
(Sorry to OP. Don't mean to steal the thread. Maybe your wife needs a pistol?)
For a .22 I got a Walther P22, and love it! Small, light, reliable plus it's ambidextrous in design. I won't say it's the most accurate of .22 pistols, but it'll get the job done. There's plenty of arguments against the smaller calibers, but I'm my mind, in most cases you aren't going to be up against veteran soldiers, you're against common thugs. They hear bang, and they're un-assing the area. Hell, I'm an Infantry vet, and if I hear bang, I won't spend much time worrying about the caliber of shot coming at me, I'm just going to worry about avoiding being hit.

you think the cell phones are cheaper than they used to be??? Iphone 7 were $15/month now the X is $38/month!

I don't buy from the carriers anymore. I've been buying unlocked phones from BestBuy with the 2 year warranty. I've 6 people on my plan, and I'll be damned if the carrier gigs me for even $10-15 a month for phones. They can eat all of me before I let that happen. Instead, I bought 5 of the Moto 5g plus last year (I think they're up to the 6 plus now, and the plan is to keep them for two years. So far I've used the warranty twice, with no issue, and we're about half way through. Now these won't be the top of the line flagship phones, but they do just fine for what we do with them. It's hard to complain too much when I can buy my family of 5 new phones for the cost of a single new iPhone Xs.

Reactions: cliffish