Washington XXX root beer drive-in Jeep show

Mumblewood

TJ Enthusiast
March 29th starting at 9:00 AM. Not sure if I’m going yet, and if I do I won’t be entering the show but may take the Jeep down with my son to look around and have a root beer float.

Reactions: oldb
I loved going to that when I lived in WA. I used to order a Root Beer Float, and an order of lug nuts with it. MMM I miss the drive ins, and 4x4 shows that are up there. Also the 4x4 Swap meet at Puyallup Fair grounds. That was one of my favorite days. For me it was even more fun then when the fair was there. Admittedly not for my whole family, but for me it was like being a kid again. I needed to be tied to a leash, and required ice cream breaks.

Man I love all of the 4x4 shows and meets in WA. Unless I just don't know about them here in AZ, we don't have near the amount of shows and meet ups as you guys do up there.

Reactions: JMT and Vasq
I found a list put out there of cancelled events, but it wasn't on it. I've not been to one of these, so I don't know how well attended they are (though I have heard that it can get pretty crowded). With it being an outdoor event where folks come and go, I just don't know if it would qualify as something that could be banned. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Reactions: Vasq and ac_
I found a list put out there of cancelled events, but it wasn't on it. I've not been to one of these, so I don't know how well attended they are (though I have heard that it can get pretty crowded). With it being an outdoor event where folks come and go, I just don't know if it would qualify as something that could be banned. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I used to go to them all of the time. They were full, but never more than 100 or so people at one time. Most people hang out outdoors. Although truth be told that was 20 years ago for me. Damn I have been living in AZ for 13 years now. I miss the 4x4 meetups. There were so many. We don't have anything like that here or that I am aware of anyway.

You should totally go. I think you will really like it. There will be all sorts of different 4x's there from new to old. Also take tons of pictures, so it is like I am with you. The bonus is the Rootbeer Floats are the bom, and order a side of "Lug nuts!" Mmm.

Reactions: JMT and Squatch
I used to go to them all of the time. They were full, but never more than 100 or so people at one time. Most people hang out outdoors. Although truth be told that was 20 years ago for me. Damn I have been living in AZ for 13 years now. I miss the 4x4 meetups. There were so many. We don't have anything like that here or that I am aware of anyway.

You should totally go. I think you will really like it. There will be all sorts of different 4x's there from new to old. Also take tons of pictures, so it is like I am with you. The bonus is the Rootbeer Floats are the bom, and order a side of "Lug nuts!" Mmm.
Been chatting with @Vasq about whether or not I'll be able to attend. Got a couple car projects that I'm sending down the road, and I need to work on getting them ready to move. That would stop me from attending, but this virus scare, not so much. If I do attend, I'll be sure and picture ya up! ;)

Reactions: Vasq
Damn I have been living in AZ for 13 years now. I miss the 4x4 meetups.
As a "derailment note", I'll say that I was just in Tucson a couple of weeks ago. Was there for a week. I looked into whether or not it would be feasible for me to head north to meet up with you for a few hours, but decided that it really wouldn't be. I hadn't seen my dad and stepmom in 26 years, and they're getting up there in years, so I stuck around to reacquaint myself with them. It was a great time. Also, my first time in Arizona. Man, what a difference in landscape! Beautiful in its own right, but what a difference. I never imagined seeing cactus by the thousands sprawled out across the land. Amazing!

Reactions: ac_
As a "derailment note", I'll say that I was just in Tucson a couple of weeks ago. Was there for a week. I looked into whether or not it would be feasible for me to head north to meet up with you for a few hours, but decided that it really wouldn't be. I hadn't seen my dad and stepmom in 26 years, and they're getting up there in years, so I stuck around to reacquaint myself with them. It was a great time. Also, my first time in Arizona. Man, what a difference in landscape! Beautiful in its own right, but what a difference. I never imagined seeing cactus by the thousands sprawled out across the land. Amazing!
I was in Arizona too a couple weeks ago (Phoenix). Was dealing with my 96 year old father-in-law. Was thinking about calling @ac_ but had too much to deal with, plus I think he was on a camping trip. We'll be back, probably next month.

Reactions: Squatch and ac_

Ah that's too bad we could have met halfway or maybe we could have even gone down to Tucson. We haven't actually been to Tuscon yet. I have driven though it a couple times. We could have come down for the night and met up for dinner or something. Maybe next time. Glad you got to come down here and see our neck of the woods. NOTE: If you think it was different, you should come down in July!! haha. J/K Never come here in July. Nobody can describe it if you have never been here then. Sheer insaneness. I am not sure how I do it. I spend 2/3 of July in the pool. Even at that, the pool is like a hot tub. Fun at night though.

Anyway hit us up next time if you can.

Reactions: Squatch
I was in Arizona too a couple weeks ago (Phoenix). Was dealing with my 96 year old father-in-law. Was thinking about calling @ac_ but had too much to deal with, plus I think he was on a camping trip. We'll be back, probably next month.

I knew you were coming down, but I forgot when, sorry we didn't get to meet up. BTW I am camping this weekend too. Doing the Sycamore Creek run again. Should be a mudfest been 2 days straight rain so far supposed to be wet up till Friday. I imagine I will get to use the lockers, and the winch.

This is the camping season right now. Weather in the 70-80s usually no rain. It is a weird week, so we are out playing a lot. Then in the summer we pack it all up and hibernate in the backyard pool. Last year Moab was the end of the camping season for us, and with all of the house drama we didn't get to camp till essentially January and since then we have been out 3 times.

This weekend will be a jeeping weekend. Hopefully we will get some good wheelin pics.

Reactions: JMT
I knew you were coming down, but I forgot when, sorry we didn't get to meet up. BTW I am camping this weekend too. Doing the Sycamore Creek run again. Should be a mudfest been 2 days straight rain so far supposed to be wet up till Friday. I imagine I will get to use the lockers, and the winch.

This is the camping season right now. Weather in the 70-80s usually no rain. It is a weird week, so we are out playing a lot. Then in the summer we pack it all up and hibernate in the backyard pool. Last year Moab was the end of the camping season for us, and with all of the house drama we didn't get to camp till essentially January and since then we have been out 3 times.

This weekend will be a jeeping weekend. Hopefully we will get some good wheelin pics.
It was perfect weather when Joan and I were there. Got a lot of stuff done around his place. He has to move into assisted living and he is coming up here. My sister-in-law is there now. We'll be back and before it gets too hot.

I was there from 2/15 through 2/24. I believe he was camping on one of those weekends...

Ah that's too bad we could have met halfway or maybe we could have even gone down to Tucson. We haven't actually been to Tuscon yet. I have driven though it a couple times. We could have come down for the night and met up for dinner or something. Maybe next time. Glad you got to come down here and see our neck of the woods. NOTE: If you think it was different, you should come down in July!! haha. J/K Never come here in July. Nobody can describe it if you have never been here then. Sheer insaneness. I am not sure how I do it. I spend 2/3 of July in the pool. Even at that, the pool is like a hot tub. Fun at night though.

Anyway hit us up next time if you can.
It hit 88 degrees one day (according to both his house and car thermometers), which is just a tad toasty for this ol' fat man. No way in hell I could the triple digit thing. ;)

My grand parents used to live in Yuma, my first 15 minutes there in there yard I found a sidewinder, pretty transparent scorpion and a black widow. Also saw my grandpa was pretty lethal with a shovel lol.

• Haha
Reactions: ac_ and Squatch
My grand parents used to live in Yuma, my first 15 minutes there in there yard I found a sidewinder, pretty transparent scorpion and a black widow. Also saw my grandpa was pretty lethal with a shovel lol.
I have been here 13 years, and am a Quadder, Jeeper, and Camper and I have yet to see a snake or a black widow, but I have seen one scorpion. I was waiting at my friends desk at the end of the day to go riding home after work, and he grabbed his back pack to put his laptop in and scorpion came running out. It jumped from the backpack to the desk and he happened to have an empty cup so he trapped it in the cup then the next day brought in a fish bowl and kept it at his desk. Gross. Anyway that is the only one I have seen since I have been here.

I do hear crazy stories but it has yet to happen to me.

Reactions: Squatch
We had one in our town. Loved the burgers and root beer!
A&W.jpg