Washington XXX root beer drive-in Jeep show

Making myself hungry just looking at it.
A&W 2.jpg

Went to this event last year and volunteered (we counted the votes)... but to be honest... it should be cancelled this year.

The ban is for events over 250... but there are additional requirements for events under 250:

From King County web site:

On March 11, 2020, Public Health issued an order and stated that:

1. Events with more than 250 attendees are prohibited.
  2. Public events with fewer than 250 attendees are prohibited, unless event organizers can take following steps to minimize risk:
    • Urge anyone who is sick, aged 60 years old and older, and people with medical conditions not to attend.
    • Find ways to give people more physical space so that they aren't in close contact as much as possible.
    • Screen employees and/or volunteers for symptoms.
    • Make sure people can wash their hands with soap and water or sanitizer.
    • Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily or more frequently.
For the purposes of the Order, an "event" is a gathering for business, social, or recreational activities including, but not limited to, community, civic, public, leisure, or sporting events; parades; concerts; festivals; conventions; fundraisers; and similar activities.

How many remember driving up to the A&W drive inn and having the girl come out to your vehicle and take your order, then come back and hang the tray on your window that is rolled up a little and put your burger and A&W root beer on it?

I am so old I remember when the girl would come out on roller skates. Well at least at the A&W by us.

I am so old I remember when the girl would come out on roller skates. Well at least at the A&W by us.
Back then, I remember when the girls serving us were always a little older than I was. Now, gals doing that same job are a helluva lot younger than I am. Hmmm...they must have changed their hiring practices! :unsure:;)

Renton has an A&W that ok I haven’t found a sonic worth a hoof. I’d like to say I’d go, but with all that’s going on, not worth the risk

That’s the way it should be done. Nowadays they’d have to roll out with a helmet, knee and elbow pads. It wouldn’t be worth the trouble. 😞

Reactions: ac_