Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Ya had one little job, WTF?

Gollywomper

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
The line on the top of this photo tells me otherwise.

BD1CFCA4-E943-472E-8638-0A3B23C78FCE.png

Reactions: tworley

SSTJ

Inexperienced Overthinker
Supporting Member
I mean seriously, how hard is it to go stick a square on a factory fender to see what the angle is? And before anyone asks, yes, both sides are identical, and the factory fender is a nice clean 90 degree angle.

Wow, who made that?

sab

"Semper Discens"
Lifetime Supporting Member
The line on the top of this photo tells me otherwise.
Remember - the hood tapers from windshield to grille, but the fender edge doesn't. That line looks like that due to that hood taper, not because it's not square. It's a perspective thing...

Edited to add: However, to my eye, even with that perspective issue, it does appear to be slightly bigger than a 90° angle.

SSTJ

Inexperienced Overthinker
Supporting Member
Guessing you just read the first post?

Ok, I'm making a fool of myself, but I'm sincerely curious as to who made that, and I still can't tell. One post makes a joke about Metalcloak, but another post says they'd take the non-square product over anything by Metalcloak, so I don't think the non-square one is Metalcloak. Then you make a comment about Poison Spyder, but it sounds like you're referring to another experience.

Someone show my how stupid I'm being and point me to the post with the answer?

Gollywomper

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ok, I'm making a fool of myself, but I'm sincerely curious as to who made that, and I still can't tell. One post makes a joke about Metalcloak, but another post says they'd take the non-square product over anything by Metalcloak, so I don't think the non-square one is Metalcloak. Then you make a comment about Poison Spyder, but it sounds like you're referring to another experience.

Someone paid for 90 degrees and only got 87 degrees. Causing a lot of unnecessary work to be done.

jjvw

birds aren't real
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner

Poison Spyder

someguysjeep

simple guy
Lifetime Supporting Member
i had a new engineer refer to a square as "one of those L things".

our new plant manager has said that old practices are outdated and no longer need applied, says that how the press operator was taught to set the dies and blades is all BS and a waste of time....................they haven't bent a straight part since.