Ya had one little job, WTF?

The line on the top of this photo tells me otherwise.

BD1CFCA4-E943-472E-8638-0A3B23C78FCE.png

Reactions: tworley
I mean seriously, how hard is it to go stick a square on a factory fender to see what the angle is? And before anyone asks, yes, both sides are identical, and the factory fender is a nice clean 90 degree angle.

Wow, who made that?

The line on the top of this photo tells me otherwise.
Remember - the hood tapers from windshield to grille, but the fender edge doesn't. That line looks like that due to that hood taper, not because it's not square. It's a perspective thing...

Edited to add: However, to my eye, even with that perspective issue, it does appear to be slightly bigger than a 90° angle.

Guessing you just read the first post?

Ok, I'm making a fool of myself, but I'm sincerely curious as to who made that, and I still can't tell. One post makes a joke about Metalcloak, but another post says they'd take the non-square product over anything by Metalcloak, so I don't think the non-square one is Metalcloak. Then you make a comment about Poison Spyder, but it sounds like you're referring to another experience.

Someone show my how stupid I'm being and point me to the post with the answer?

Ok, I'm making a fool of myself, but I'm sincerely curious as to who made that, and I still can't tell. One post makes a joke about Metalcloak, but another post says they'd take the non-square product over anything by Metalcloak, so I don't think the non-square one is Metalcloak. Then you make a comment about Poison Spyder, but it sounds like you're referring to another experience.

Someone paid for 90 degrees and only got 87 degrees. Causing a lot of unnecessary work to be done.

Poison Spyder

i had a new engineer refer to a square as "one of those L things".

our new plant manager has said that old practices are outdated and no longer need applied, says that how the press operator was taught to set the dies and blades is all BS and a waste of time....................they haven't bent a straight part since.