Yellowstone season 6 cancelled

Apparition

Moab JuneFest 2024
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Yellowstone renewal for season 6 not happening. Kevin has other projects he wants to work on. Matthew McConaughay reported to resume role in unnamed sequel.

https://deadline.com/2023/02/yellow...ise-continues-matthew-mcconaughey-1235251400/

costner.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: matkal
Shoot, thats too bad. We've really enjoyed the show. Though there are a lot of things that happen, just to happen, especially in Season 1 (I am sure they were still trying to develop characters and where the show wanted to go). Some of the scenes just make no sense and aren't needed IMO.

Shoot, thats too bad. We've really enjoyed the show. Though there are a lot of things that happen, just to happen, especially in Season 1 (I am sure they were still trying to develop characters and where the show wanted to go). Some of the scenes just make no sense and aren't needed IMO.

Seems they needed filler at times.

I’m sure there are. More power to them too. I watched it and it wasn’t my type of show. I was hopeful at first too.

Same here. I was all in after watching the trailer/ teaser. I have family in Montana and many great memories of the Yellowstone/ Teton area when I was growing up. I also, for the most part, enjoy Kevin Costner films. I even sat thru the entire first episode... Nope, just couldn't keep going. To each their own though.

We tried Yellowstone, couldn’t get into it. The prequels though are really good. 1883 is exceptionally well done in my opinion, and so far, 1923 has been good as well. Not near as good as 1883 though.

Yellowstone is a slightly more refined Sons of Anarchy. I enjoyed both for their absurdity, but they are essentially violent soap operas.

I agree with this. I enjoyed most everything about SoA except that final scene, that was garbage.

Reactions: Alex01
We tried Yellowstone, couldn’t get into it. The prequels though are really good. 1883 is exceptionally well done in my opinion, and so far, 1923 has been good as well. Not near as good as 1883 though.

As good as it was, 1883 was funny to me because it so often became a blatant vehicle to show us how adorable Elsa May is.

So far, I like 1923 better because it is attempting to have multiple storylines. The Indian boarding school plot is interesting because I am curious to see where the writers will take it considering the real history and the predilections of the the Yellowstone audience.

Yellowstone is a slightly more refined Sons of Anarchy. I enjoyed both for their absurdity, but they are essentially violent soap operas.

I watched Sons of Anarchy and enjoyed that. Not sure why Yellowstone didn’t click with me. I was expecting something more Western esque I suppose, but with all the soap opera it just wasn’t happening for me.

I watched Sons of Anarchy and enjoyed that. Not sure why Yellowstone didn’t click with me. I was expecting something more Western esque I suppose, but with all the soap opera it just wasn’t happening for me.

It's Anti-California militant ranchers, that's not western enough?

Oh come on, Boyd Crowder showed up as a tranny. What's not to enjoy?

By now I don't remember much of that. I just remember thinking the script was starting to fall apart when Henry Rollins showed up. Which was a shame since I generally enjoy him when he isn't acting.

Reactions: Apparition