YJ Sahara Decals on TJ

doc54

I've been looking into buying the YJ Sahara decals (The 1994 Spice/Red stripes that go from the hood, across the cowl and doors, to the rear). Has anyone put these decals on a '97-'02 Sahara or seen someone that has? I'm not too sure how'd they look. These are the one's I'm thinking about:
1644853487431.png

I have a '97 black Sahara and thought these stripes might look nice, was wondering what others thought. Thank you.

If you like how it looks, go for it. You can easily remove them if you decide you don't like them. I put the older 97-99' Sahara decals on my 03'. Then decided I wanted something completely different.

p.s. I'm not a fan of stripes on TJs.

Last edited:
Do whatever the heck you want, its your Jeep! I put TJ Sahara decals on my 93 XJ because I thought it looked cool.

I might take the Sahara decal off my current TJ and put something vintage Jeep related from the 60's-80's.

Do it. Then post pics of it.

As already stated, they are easy to remove. You could also talk to a local vinyl wrap shop if you wanted to customize them in some way or if they needed to be larger/longer.

Go for it if you like it.
I have seen many “Lightning” emblems on standard Ford F-150 4x4’s, and Cobra emblems on 6 banger Mustangs so there isn’t a law against it.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I say do it, I’ve always liked how classy the YJ Saharas look. Another member here did CJ renegade decals on his silver LJ and it looked really good. Done right, I think it could work.

4FA9D63F-73B8-48D4-A0AA-E485FD321DFC_1_201_a.jpeg

I'm gonna try it out and see how it looks. I decided to change the silver "Wrangler" and "4.0" decals to gold to match the stripe and the "Jeep" decal to green to match the Sahara logo. I was planning on keeping the TJ Sahara decals, anyone think the YJ ones would look better?

View attachment 312685
I'm gonna try it out and see how it looks. I decided to change the silver "Wrangler" and "4.0" decals to gold to match the stripe and the "Jeep" decal to green to match the Sahara logo. I was planning on keeping the TJ Sahara decals, anyone think the YJ ones would look better?

Hey just curious about how it turned out ? I got my TJ Sport repainted and now I'm looking for something different in terms of decals.

I've been looking into buying the YJ Sahara decals (The 1994 Spice/Red stripes that go from the hood, across the cowl and doors, to the rear). Has anyone put these decals on a '97-'02 Sahara or seen someone that has? I'm not too sure how'd they look. These are the one's I'm thinking about:
View attachment 309625
I have a '97 black Sahara and thought these stripes might look nice, was wondering what others thought. Thank you.
Do it, not many will now the difference anyways?

Reactions: TheBoogieman