You have to use the Mopar transmission mount if you don't want vibrations

89grand

TJ Addict
Recently I had the skid plate off and noticed my auto trans mount was shot. I ran up the auto parts store and bought another one for $40. After getting it all back together, I had major vibrations in the cab while in drive or reverse. Yesterday, while changing the gear oil in the diffs and other things, I put in the Mopar mount I bought recently, and no more vibes. Yeah, it's $120, but the vibes are gone.

Don't throw $40 down the shitter like I did. Just suck it up and buy the Mopar mount. I wasn't trying to save money, I couldn't get a Mopar mount at the store, but you'll waste money if don't get the right one.

Good info. Did you get a chance to compare the mounts side-by-side to see what the differences were?

Good info. Did you get a chance to compare the mounts side-by-side to see what the differences were?
They look very similar, but the crappy auto parts store mount had zero give to it, whereas the Mopar mount did. Like say looking at the mount from the side, the Mopar mount would flex a bit between your left and right hands. The shitty mount was hard as a rock and had no give. It may as well have been a solid metal mount.

Reactions: Halfstock and Chris
They look very similar, but the crappy auto parts store mount had zero give to it, whereas the Mopar mount did. Like say looking at the mount from the side, the Mopar mount would flex a bit between your left and right hands. The shitty mount was hard as a rock and had no give. It may as well have been a solid metal mount.

The crappy mount was made of rubber though? Maybe it was just some sort of overly hard, sub-par shitty rubber?

Yeah it was listed as rubber, some sort of cheap assed hard as a rock rubber. It was flat black, it wasn't a poly mount, just a shitty Chinese rubber mount that only had the "rubber" because it was cheaper than all metal, but otherwise performed as if it was.

Napa had the same piece of shit mount as well.

Last edited:
I bought this one off amazon when I replaced mine a couple months ago. It’s been fine and haven’t noticed any vibrations.
Anchor 2882 Transmission Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CRCT78/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Well if it works then no reason not to run it. Mine had no movement like the image below, and the mount needs to flex in these directions.

614EzjUNjIL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: matkal and jazngab
Probably. I wouldn't chance it. It's too much work to realize you have to do it again, and spend more money. Let my mistake be a lesson to others.

Thanks for the heads-up, and sharing your mistake! It'll be added to the list of parts I'm amassing that says buy only original Mopar for best results!

Amazing really, the local stealerships here are actually quite price-competitive with the big box auto parts stores.

Plus, we get the advantage of OEM parts reliability, fit, and longevity !

Now, more often than not the Mopar parts department is my first call after checking the usual suspects on the web. I don't mind spending even an additional 20% for true OEM parts. My time is the same putting in great parts, or cheap junk.

I should note that the image I posted above simply means up and down movement, not up on one bolt side, and down on the other, just simply up and down.

Right! All transmissions use this mount. The "inertial" one you need is for the front clutch, or the PDS... The "hydraulic" ones are used for rear and trans assemblies. The two versions are interchangeable, but the Hydraulic mounts are a bit more expensive.

Right! All transmissions use this mount. The "inertial" one you need is for the front clutch, or the PDS... The "hydraulic" ones are used for rear and trans assemblies. The two versions are interchangeable, but the Hydraulic mounts are a bit more expensive.
Care to elaborate? I've never heard or seen these terms.

Reactions: bedhed
Had same experience. Bought the napa mount, cranked her up and said "nope". Swapped the old mount back in. May get a Mopar one down the road, but right now the OEM one is still fine. Did this when trying to track down driveline vibes.

Just wondering if you know what the torque specs are for the four bolts that connect to the skid plate I seen ona sticky thread that bolts are supposed to be 55 foot pounds that seems a little much to me I'm worried that I'm going to break them do you know if that's right or wrong

Honestly, I didn't use a torque wrench. 55 pounds seems excessive for the size of the nuts. I just cranked it down tight, but not 55 pounds I don't think.