You know you drive a TJ when...

When you see obstacles that would be prefect to check articulation

when you carry equipment to clean muddy windows, glass cleaner, paper towels, squeegees

when given the opportunity you always park on an obstacle instead of on flat ground even though it’s actually harder to get in and out.

when you own at least one pair of pants with a belt loop torn off
When you pressure wash the INSiDE as much as the outside

when you strap the rear seatbelts to the roll bar to keep them from flapping in the wind.

when anyone who ISNT a TJ owner rises with you and panics the first time you make a turn and ask if it normally feels like it’s going to tip over.

When you’re sitting in your recliner on a Sunday evening looking at your ipad and realize that you still have a couple of small items in your quadratec cart!.... $295.00 later there’s nothing in your cart and the ups guy knows your name...again.

Last edited:
I just recently started testing the low fuel light to see how far I can go since it came on. Needless to say I have a fuel can with me!!! 🤣 🤣
I know I have at least 36 miles left. thats 35 miles home from work, then one mile back to the gas station the next morning, I have not braved it any further than that.

Reactions: reddvltj
I know I have at least 36 miles left. thats 35 miles home from work, then one mile back to the gas station the next morning, I have not braved it any further than that.
I'm up to about 65 or so miles so far and no sputtering yet... I need to replace the fuel pump so I'm going to drive it until it's bone dry. I only live 5 miles from town so the 1 gallon can I've got will get me home😎

You know you drive a TJ when you’re racing home because you have the top down and it’s about to rain.

You know you drive a TJ when you’re racing home because you have the top OFF and it’s about to rain. Fixed it for you :D

Reactions: Bouncer
When you are completely fed up dealing with tamper proof torx bolts and losing 10mm sockets.

Thus, it has always been.

The first vehicle I ever bought new was a '80 CJ5 with the GM 4 banger. GM was pretty enamored of metric fasteners on the engine and I think AMC used the whole Torx catalog on the rest of it. The first Torx I ever saw was on that Jeep.

Reactions: RiverDawg24
You know you drive a TJ when you’re racing home because you have the top OFF and it’s about to rain. Fixed it for you :D

Technically both would work in a way. If you have the hardtop off, it’s probably stored away in a place that would normally be below where it sits when it is on the Jeep, possibly the floor. In this case, one might say that the top is down. But it might be hanging above the Jeep, in which case it would be considered off.

For soft top folks, it would be considered down. Possibly it could be considered off because it is not in place, thus being in the off position. However, you can put the soft top up (or on) on the fly, but you could still get wet due to the rain. If it’s me, I’d just race home if I’m close, and not stop to put the top up (or on). If I’m far from home and it’s starting to rain, I’d just stop to put it on (or up).

Also, don’t take this too seriously. I might be acting a little facetious.

• Haha
For soft top folks, it would be considered down. Possibly it could be considered off because it is not in place, thus being in the off position. However, you can put the soft top up (or on) on the fly, but you could still get wet due to the rain. If it’s me, I’d just race home if I’m close, and not stop to put the top up (or on). If I’m far from home and it’s starting to rain, I’d just stop to put it on (or up).

Also, don’t take this too seriously. I might be acting a little facetious.

I'm not taking this serious, and in fact am enjoying the discussion. In my case, the hard top was on a dolly at home in the garage, next to the box the had my new soft top. I didn't even have the frame mounted. Only a few rain drops landed on us as we drove into my garage. It was one of the first memories of my "new to me" jeep.