You know you're getting old when...

Jerry Bransford

Retired to more relaxed pastures... bye.
Supporting Member
You grab the bottle of Aleve or aspirin and take two first thing after waking up before you head into the kitchen to brew the coffee lol.

Between my bent/swollen/bruised little toe I think I broke last night when I jammed it into the door jamb, the arm I damned near broke Saturday, and the torn rotator cuff (water skiing accident 20 years ago), I can barely move in the mornings. Not to mention I freaking turn 70 next month.

Dammit it's true what they say about getting old... it basically sucks. :eek:

Last edited:
I hear ya. I am 20 behind you and feel it from time to time already. But hell, if a couple of Aleve can take care of it so you can hit JV at 70, you are doing very well my friend. Far better than sitting on your ass all day complaining about the "good ol days." :D

You grab the bottle of Aleve or aspirin and take two first thing after waking up before you head into the kitchen to brew the coffee lol.

Between my bent/swollen/bruised little toe I think I broke last night when I jammed it into the door jamb, my arm I damned near broke Saturday, and my torn rotator cuff (water skiing accident 20 years ago), I can barely move in the mornings. Not to mention I freaking turn 70 next month.

Dammit, it's true what they say about getting old... it basically sucks. :eek:
Whoo-Hoo! Hard core Jeepin' at 70! I feel for ya, though. Some mornings it's two ibuprofen to get out of bed, then two more plus two acetaminophen after work. And I'm ten years younger! Grunt candy. But you're still showing the kids how it's done. Good on you!
I hear ya. I am 20 behind you and feel it from time to time already. But hell, if a couple of Aleve can take care of it so you can hit JV at 70, you are doing very well my friend. Far better than sitting on your ass all day complaining about the "good ol days." :D
Truth! Rock on until the very end and go out in style. Leave a good story for the grand-kids to tell. So many folks just go inert when society tells them it's time to be old. That's just B.S. and kills a lot of old folks prematurely. Should share the story of my grand-dad one of these days. Famous and notorious in the family clan.

I'm less than half your age and I have similar mornings! If I'm doing half as much at you at 70, I'll be really happy!

I can always tell when it is going to rain because I had a shoulder injury from a car accident when I was 22 that aches like nothing else when rain is coming- so I feel ya there! There is just something about shoulder injuries- it's like the never heal properly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Pop is one of a kind. He joined the Navy Dec. 8 1941 at 16 years and was in Tokyo Bay at the surrender.

No that is not his real hair..its a hat with hair on it
20160902_114032_Burst01.jpg

Last edited:
I'm about 48 years behind you Jerry, and I don't think I'll be able to do half the stuff you do when I'm 70. Working on my Jeep already beats me half to death lol. I can't imagine being down under there working on it in a time period from now that is about 2.5 times the amount of time I've already been alive. Seems crazy.

Damn that's crazy your dad is a bad ass.

I'm 33 and I should take pills when I wake up but I'm stubborn. Jerry you are a bad ass for what you do at your age. I wish I could do that kind of stuff when I get up there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son's last two girlfriends had couch potato parents in their 50's who already gave up. He constantly reminds me how much his generation respects us old farts that just refuse to stop. Keep on "rockin" Jerry!

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

Reactions: MikeM and Rob5589
Jerry
Old is a state of mind. Keep on Rock'in and Roll'in and You just won't be just a rocking on the porch. I feel far from 68, in just a week. My Jeep and other things keep me busy and no time for feeling old.
He may have...[emoji6]
View attachment 19183

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

Between the Tijuana Jail and Kamikaze attacks at Okinawa he is my hero. He ended up as a 5" mount captain # 1 Mount on the Destroyer USS Wren DD 568 as a BM.

Last edited: