You Only Live Twice From Houston

YOLT

Hello! Long time lurker finally breaking the silence. After being Jeepless for the last few years, I finally got a completely bone-stock '99 Sahara back in June of this year. I am the second owner and bought the Jeep with about 153,000 miles on the clock; It's not perfect but it's in pretty good shape for the miles.

As it stands this Jeep is becoming a bit of a backasswards build due to some work that needed to be done to my Dana 35 which I decided to upgrade at that time. I may do a build thread which will document my journey in building and rebuilding this rig to suit whatever purpose I deem important at the time--daily driver right now with a little wheeling sprinkled in here and there. Since I like tinkering and money doesn't always accommodate my champagne tastes, this won't be a "buy once, cry once" or a "do it right the first time" build. This will pretty much be a backasswards build that will eventually be built "right" to breathe a second life into this Jeep.

I didn't take any pictures of the Jeep before today, so please forgive the low res dealer photos and the goofy stance it has with its brand new tires and no lift (I'm installing a Zone lift tomorrow).

LoRes Dealer Photo 1.jpg

LoRes Dealer Photo 2.jpg

Backassward Build.jpg

Hello! Long time lurker finally breaking the silence. After being Jeepless for the last few years, I finally got a completely bone-stock '99 Sahara back in June of this year. I am the second owner and bought the Jeep with about 153,000 miles on the clock; It's not perfect but it's in pretty good shape for the miles.

As it stands this Jeep is becoming a bit of a backasswards build due to some work that needed to be done to my Dana 35 which I decided to upgrade at that time. I may do a build thread which will document my journey in building and rebuilding this rig to suit whatever purpose I deem important at the time--daily driver right now with a little wheeling sprinkled in here and there. Since I like tinkering and money doesn't always accommodate my champagne tastes, this won't be a "buy once, cry once" or a "do it right the first time" build. This will pretty much be a backasswards build that will eventually be built "right" to breathe a second life into this Jeep.

I didn't take any pictures of the Jeep before today, so please forgive the low res dealer photos and the goofy stance it has with its brand new tires and no lift (I'm installing a Zone lift tomorrow).

View attachment 361897

View attachment 361898

View attachment 361899

Welcome!!
200.gif

Reactions: pc1p