Your go to music

I love songs that are filled with heart. This is an amazing song!

Very nice rendition of that song. I've heard a number of artists do that song justice. I love Johnny Cash and June Carter's version, as well as others.
As far as songs that are filled with heart, "Back Home Again" by John Denver rips me up every single time, as it's the song my mom would play when my dad was out on cruise for months at a time in the Navy. I lost my dad in 2012, and I can't hear that song without breaking down. Another one that will start me to tearing up within the first couple of note is "Please Come To Boston", by Dave Loggins. Every flippin' time it starts, I have to stop what I'm doing and just listen. There's such desperation in his voice, and the lyrics are almost a pleading, as I hear them. A timeless song, for sure...

Reactions: Irun
Depeche Mode is the only one I even recognize! LOL Will have to look up the rest of that!
Yeah, a couple years ago Depeche Mode was the only one I recognized too. The algorithms on Pandora and hitting thumbs up or down steered me to some of these unknown groups. Blessings Squatch

Reactions: Squatch
If we're going to resurrect this thread...

I'm pretty eclectic. I mostly listen to "world" music, particularly Greek and Belly Dance music, which is completely predictable. My first love is "heavy" classical, particularly Tchaikovsky (Thank Goddess for spell check!), as well as Beethoven and the boys, etc. I'll listen to "classic Rock", mostly the light stuff, although my daughter went through a Def Leppard phase, and some of it rubbed off - but I have to be in the mood for it - its harder than I generally prefer. I'm not much on country, although certain songs from the late 50s and 60s that I grew up with I'll revisit from time-to-time - plus the very rare newer song that's caught my ear. "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" comes to mind. Enya, Loreena McKennet (sp?), Prem (India), and other "spiritual" music like that is another favorite. "Unexpected guilty pleasure" would be Abba and other Disco - its upbeat, cheery music.

But never, EVER (c)rap. That garbage makes me want to punch little kittens! Ok, I'll make a pseudo-exception for Blondie's "Man from Mars".

Spell check may have worked but Man from Mars is actually

Don't take that like I'm holding that mistake against you. Heck, I only got it right because I'd watch MTV with no volume every day just hoping to see her again, back when I was pretty much into heavy rock, to the point I didn't even want to hear Def Leppard.

Personally i listen to just about anything except new Rap(from say 98 and newer). but my go to is Rock and Country. I really enjoy my bluegrass/folk music though

I’m also all over the board, but usually when I’m cooking it’s something along the lines of “The Rat Pack” (my 9 year old son is now a fan of Sammy Davis Jr because of this)

Right now though I’m in a Ramones faze.

Reactions: jeepins
Lately... because of today's shit music (for the most part), 80s has been my go to. INXS, The Fixx, Smithereens, Talking Heads, Simple Minds, Crowded House.

Reactions: Bas-NL
Very nice rendition of that song. I've heard a number of artists do that song justice. I love Johnny Cash and June Carter's version, as well as others.
As far as songs that are filled with heart, "Back Home Again" by John Denver rips me up every single time, as it's the song my mom would play when my dad was out on cruise for months at a time in the Navy. I lost my dad in 2012, and I can't hear that song without breaking down. Another one that will start me to tearing up within the first couple of note is "Please Come To Boston", by Dave Loggins. Every flippin' time it starts, I have to stop what I'm doing and just listen. There's such desperation in his voice, and the lyrics are almost a pleading, as I hear them. A timeless song, for sure...

I lost both my parents 2013. I know now that it's possible for someone to die of a broken heart. My Mother went first, followed by my Father 1 1/2 months later. I grew up listening to Marty Robbins and every time I hear one of his songs, it stops me in my tracks, I'm a child again, listening to "Big Iron" with my Mother. Now you did it, made a grown man cry!

I like to listen to music from different parts of the world. Spotify has this thing called “Discover weekly” which plays new song from artist similar to th you like. India and saudi Arabia are doing awesome electronic music right now.

But theres a band that i like a lot from Uruguay, “El cuarteto de nos” its kind of Rock meets Philosophy. Their lyrics are just something else.

Reactions: Zorba
So, what would be the one artist/group that you listen to that would absolutely shock the hell out of folks? You know, something they just would never expect?

Ray Wylie Hubbard and the Cowboy Twinkies

51dbXQmb%2BxL.jpg

But for road trips this is my "go to" CD. Best live concert album ever, especially if you were there.

51FCzW3RqGL.jpg

I like early Boz Scaggs too.

Last edited:
I lost both my parents 2013. I know now that it's possible for someone to die of a broken heart. My Mother went first, followed by my Father 1 1/2 months later. I grew up listening to Marty Robbins and every time I hear one of his songs, it stops me in my tracks, I'm a child again, listening to "Big Iron" with my Mother. Now you did it, made a grown man cry!

Sorry for your loss, brother. That's rough...

As far as ol' Marty goes, I grew up listening to him, as well. Love the "Gunfighter Ballads" album. My faves from that album are "The Master's Call" and "The Hanging Tree", though truly, all of them are great. Love "Devil Woman" too, from the album of the same name.

If we're in this country era, have to toss out Dwight Yoakam. Crap...I'm now getting old!

Huge fan of Dwight Yoakam. Decided to take the wife to a concert of his for our anniversary a few years ago. He was a no-show. His plane was grounded at the airport with mechanical problems. Total bummer.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition