Your thoughts on this Jeep?

Definitely overpriced. I see lots of new paint on the frame so a inspection would have to be done to see how clean it is or to find how much damage was hidden. I'm personally not a fan of the half cab hardtop. Mileage is low and the pictures make it look clean. The inside of the tailgate hinges do look clean and do not appear to have been detailed. That could be a good sign that it didn't see a lot of winter useage. There is a spot on the driver's side frame that concerns me. I can't tell if it is frame rust or just the picture.

2004-jeep-wrangler-sport-4wd-2dr-suv.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Akitadog
Too much money. That funky half cab hardtop is less desirable than just a standard hardtop honestly. If it were me, I would sell that one and buy a regular hardtop to keep the “bed” out of the weather and turn it back into a normal TJ.

Reactions: mattyice2
Unless it was just a sunday driver or fair weather jeep it spent its whole life in NJ, NY and PA. The image right after the one that 06LJ pointed out. The one of the passenger side suspension. You can see where someone painted the frame and components. While it looks very clean for a Northeast jeep I would definitely as for more frame shots and underbody images. Also scope the frame if you go look at it. The price is very high.

The low miles do not compensate for the possible rusted frame. I see they lowered it $1K woho. I paid $22.5k for my 05 Unlimited Rubicon last year with 0 rust and 120K miles. I’d keep looking if that is your budget. you can find better deals. I traveled 800 miles to get mine. I flew into Denver with the wife to see it and buy it. She got a weekend in Denver to shop. We were both happy. I drove back the next week to trailer it back.

Kinda pricey. I like the look of the jeep, but not the top. I'd change the top to get coverage in the rear.

Expensive, northeast so assume rusty.

There is no good reason to paint the frame.

Half cab is less useful than standard hard top.

60k miles is low I’ll grant you, but same number of years with salt sitting inside the frame rotting it away.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
$23K for a Jeep that is missing half the roll-cage? No thanks. But if you were interested I would also confirm whether there is a rear seat coming with it (presumably not) and whether any of the attachment points are still present in the "bed" (again, presumably not since it looks flat)

Rubicons with slightly higher mileage and all of their bits are in that same price range - but hey, that's what negotiating is for!

d-

I didn't know these "pick up bed" style LJs were so common. I saw one in the wild for the first time, black top with flat OD paint. Overall even with it being an LJ the bed is too short from an aesthetics point of view.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I just realized what these landrunners remind me of

rEvQn8k7-tGgLIhuIbN-(edit).jpg

borzoi-is-big-tiktok-535986771-2000-84b40b49cedf4f4bb3cb50567b3207b2.jpg

Its a Borzoi with wheels

• Haha
Reactions: cherrybomb