Yukon 5x4.5 locking hub kit on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expected that to be like the Warn small hub kit I installed on my previous TJ but it's different in several areas. Looks like a nice conversion kit!

Price went back up overnight!

Amazon seems to do this with niche components often.

I bought revolution axle shafts for the front for $530, after my purchase they jumped to 1200 and have settled down to $900. I’d expect over time for them to come down again if few people buy.

Reactions: Tony Ownbey
Amazon seems to do this with niche components often.

I bought revolution axle shafts for the front for $530, after my purchase they jumped to 1200 and have settled down to $900. I’d expect over time for them to come down again if few people buy.

Yep, I'll never understand how their algorithm works, but it's interesting to watch.

Yep, I'll never understand how their algorithm works, but it's interesting to watch.

The nice part is you can sometimes get a steal. I got my old lift springs for $75 instead of $180 and now the shafts.

The nice part is you can sometimes get a steal. I got my old lift springs for $75 instead of $180 and now the shafts.

I agree, I've found some pretty killer deals from time-to-time. I got an Antirock for a really good price last time.

FYI - The photo in the Amazon listing for the Yukon YA-WU-07 5x4.5 manual hub conversion kit is incorrect. The photo in the listing is a generic photo. The YA-WU-07 5x4.5 hub kit uses the smaller "Explorer style" hub design acquired from Warn. You can see what you are getting in Figure 2 of the installation instructions, linked below.

The Amazon price as of the time of this post is back down to $1,048.24 with 20 left in stock. Here is the camelcamelcamel.com Amazon price history:

amazon.png

Here are the instructions for the Yukon YA-WU-07 manual hub conversion kit:

https://www.yukongear.com/downloads/manuals/ya wu-07-08-unit bearing elim kit instructions.pdf

I was watching that kit also, seen it went down, almost hit go. Ah well, try next time maybe. Also, here a YouTube video of a kit installed on a XJ with 37's. He says he has had no issues so far.

I was watching that kit also, seen it went down, almost hit go. Ah well, try next time maybe. Also, here a YouTube video of a kit installed on a XJ with 37's. He says he has had no issues so far.
If you run that 4.5 hub conversion with 37s you will experience issues. Wheel bearing failure is the big one.

I lucked out big time and happened to need/want this kit right when the price dropped. Got it for $993! Should be here Tuesday

I lucked out big time and happened to need/want this kit right when the price dropped. Got it for $993! Should be here Tuesday

You scored. I bought my 5x5.5 manual hub kit for $1,078.41 in December 2018 which at that time was the record low price on Amazon for the 5x5.5 kit. $993 is a terrific price for the 5x4.5 kit.

Reactions: starkey480
You scored. I bought mine for $1,078.41 in December 2018 which at that time was the record low price on Amazon for the 5x5.5 kit.
Awesome. I read your thread and helped me decide to get one. I felt reassured on the small hub kit after reading what Blaine had to say. Plus if I do manage to break one a set of spare hubs to bring on the trail really aren’t that expensive at $250/pair

Reactions: Ephry73 and Chris
Status
Not open for further replies.