Yukon YA WU-07 front hub kit (5x4.5") under $1,100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the "Yukon Gear and Axle Store" mean that they'll support you if it shows up with the wrong parts in the box?

Their are two locking hub kits available. This one WU-07, and the old Bronco style, WU-08. Will this type fit without enlarging the center hub opening of the wheels like the 'Bronco style needs. The Broncotype works well with spacers/adapters because of the long tube of the locking mechanism, is it a problem with this one??. There are a few Videos that are Tj specific of the Bronco style but haven't found anything with this WU-07 type of hub on a TJ.

A Torque auto locker with locking hubs is the way I'd like to go but the $2,000 plus cost of the hubs makes it a no go.

Last edited:
Their are two locking hub kits available. This one WU-07, and the old Bronco style, WU-08. Will this type fit without enlarging the center hub opening of the wheels like the 'Bronco style needs. The Broncotype works well with spacers/adapters because of the long tube of the locking mechanism, is it a problem with this one??. There are a few Videos that are Tj specific of the Bronco style but haven't found anything with this WU-07 type of hub on a TJ.

A Torque auto locker with locking hubs is the way I'd like to go but the $2,000 plus cost of the hubs makes it a no go.

Depends on the wheels. Factory wheels still need to be opened up to fit over the hub, but a lot of aftermarket wheels (like mine, with 83mm center bore) will fit without modification. I don't know what adapters are available with the larger hub bore but I know my spydertrax spacers would have to be bored out.

Reactions: NOTNSUV and Irun
Tempting enough to build another? 🥳

If I were to build another it wouldn’t be anything other than an Unlimited. I wish all these years I would have done that. The longer wheelbase would have suited me so much better.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Factory wheels still need to be opened up to fit over the hub, but a lot of aftermarket wheels (like mine, with 83mm center bore) will fit without modification. I don't know what adapters are available with the larger hub bore but I know my spydertrax spacers would have to be bored out.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^

The minimum size needed to open up factory wheels for the small hub kit is 2 3/4". Here's a set of factory JL/JT wheels I bored out for the small hub kit. As @freedom_in_4low said, most aftermarket wheels have a large enough center bore to accommodate the small hub kit. Many aftermarket wheels are also large enough for the big hub kit.

20220326_114122-jpg.319056

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
If I were to build another it wouldn’t be anything other than an Unlimited. I wish all these years I would have done that. The longer wheelbase would have suited me so much better.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

The hub kit doesn't discriminate. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Clear up some bad info from me. The YA-WU-07 is the Bronco style locking hub in 5 x 4.5 lug spacing of the TJ/LJ. The picture on the order page in Amazon is the WU-08 or some variation which is not what they are selling. The WU-07 is suitable for up to 33" tires which works for me but is not the heavy duty WU-08 hub which has the 5 x 5.5 JK/JL lug spacing. My notebook with all my Jeep info walked off and I got fooled by the wrong picture in the Amazon ad. Lesson learned, can't trust my memory beyond the time it takes to walk out of the room.

A neighbor grafted a Toyota Station Wagon body onto a IH Scout Frame. Actually looked like a stock Toyota with a bit of lift till you got close.

Last edited:
. The WU-07 is suitable for up to 33" tires which works for me but is not the heavy duty WU-08 hub which has the 5 x 5.5 JK/JL lug spacing. My notebook with all my Jeep.

I think there are enough examples of running 35s on the small hub kit that I would say 35s, instead of 33s.

Also, 5x5.5 is the old CJ pattern. JK/JL is 5x5. I actually wish it was the JK pattern because the biggest issue with 5x5.5 is wheel selection. 5x5 has many, many options.

Status
Not open for further replies.