ZildjianDevil’s TJ Build Diary (Photos)

Very nice TJ, great find! Do those wheels have any markings? I've not seen those before. They sort of look like one of the JK Sahara wheels, but slightly different:
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: ZildjianDevil
Dude... that thing looks clean!

Does it have any markings anywhere on that hard top? I ask because that's very clearly not a factory hard top, it's an aftermarket one. Doesn't look like the Smittybilt hard top though.

I took some pictures for you of the hard top and after 10mins looking for markings I found this SMB53416.

E1CCA926-6AF0-4FCD-BDDA-B95BD3CFED2C.jpeg
3F6ED82F-BF5A-42CA-8902-36EE54E6020B.jpeg
EB1BDFA6-7F74-4E72-B29B-6DE13A33AFE9.jpeg

Yep, your jounce bumpers look to be toast. Do you have a link to those smoked out tail lights. Really digging that look. Also, would you possibly have a pic of them lit up?

Yep, your jounce bumpers look to be toast. Do you have a link to those smoked out tail lights. Really digging that look. Also, would you possibly have a pic of them lit up?

Thanks man! Yeah I ordered them from amazon, which says it’s unavailable. But they are on eBay for sale but only with the combo smoked signal lens’. I’ll take a picture of them lit up tonight and post for ya.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobthetj03
Those lights look great on the black Jeep! Still trying what to do with my bright silver TJ (LED's, clear or not etc.).

I took the chance! 2 weeks later I watched my Tj pull up to my local mall and offloaded into my possession.
-ZildjianDevil

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the best Jeep TJ forum on the internet.

I find it hilarious that you picked it up at the mall. Seeing that there are tons of mall crawler memes and jokes that float around the Jeep community.

Looking forward to see your progress. I would seriously comsider the Old Man Emu 2.5 lift with Rancho RS5000 shocks if you want to keep the 31s but make the stance a little more aggressive but still maintain its road manners.

Love the seats.

Last edited:
Those lights look great on the black Jeep! Still trying what to do with my bright silver TJ (LED's, clear or not etc.).

Thank you! I love blacking out all my vehicles, I just love the contrast. I had all the intentions to black out my Tj, but once I saw how much better the clear lens’ looked on black. It just POPs! other than muting if I smoked the signal lens’ out.

Reactions: mots
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the besy Jeep TJ forum on the internet.

I find it hilarious that you picked it up at the mall. Seeing that there are tons of mall crawler memes and jokes that float around the Jeep community.

Looking forward to see your progress. I would seriously comsider the Old Man Emu 2.5 lift with Rancho RS5000 shocks if you want to keep the 31s but make the stance a little more aggressive but still maintain its road manners.

Love the seats.

Thank you! I’m obsessed, and I’m really happy I found this forum specifically for TJs! I’m playing around with the idea of going to 35s, I just don’t have that amount of money right now to make all the additional purchases to even make driving 35s possible. I wish it was just as easy as buying tires and wheels lol. I might just go to 33s, but I feel like I’ll be disappointed. I always liked the way certain Jeeps have aggressive “stance”. How do you get a wider stance, is that just the back spacing? I’m so new to everything and I like I can talk with you guys about making the right descions because you guys are the ones who actually bought and do the work vs listening to a sales person.

Reactions: mots
Thank you! I’m obsessed, and I’m really happy I found this forum specifically for TJs! I’m playing around with the idea of going to 35s, I just don’t have that amount of money right now to make all the additional purchases to even make driving 35s possible. I wish it was just as easy as buying tires and wheels lol. I might just go to 33s, but I feel like I’ll be disappointed. I always liked the way certain Jeeps have aggressive “stance”. How do you get a wider stance, is that just the back spacing? I’m so new to everything and I like I can talk with you guys about making the right descions because you guys are the ones who actually bought and do the work vs listening to a sales person.

Yeah, you can get that agressive wider stance with wheels with less backspacing (or spacers if you want to go on the cheap until you get different wheels). I love it when the tires stick out about an inch or so, but not much more than that, so this is what I have done with my 3.75” backspacing wheels and 32x11.5x15 tires.