Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerRick

"A Jeep Rescue" Home for the abused & neglected.
Supporting Member
For Sale: Brackets and calipers for a rear disc brake conversion on any TJ Wrangler Dana 44 or Dana 35 axle. These are used parts, still serviceable or the calipers can be traded in as a core on rebuilt units. Includes Disc brake axle bracket with dust shields, parking brake levers and calipers. These came from 1995-1998 ZJ Grand Cherokees. $150 per set + shipping. Requires one drivers side & one passenger side 2003-2006 Rubicon TJ rear parking brake cable and factory disc brake bearing retainer flange, all available on Amazon, ebay or from vendors like Quadratec & 4WD.

A good DIY project for those who want to get rid of their drum brakes out back......

Thanks for reading,
Rick

Near Torrance airport in the Los Angeles area.

Does the master cylinder need to be changed or modified?
Nope, not at all. Nor should you do anything with the combo valve under it. Be aware that the ZJ backing plates don't have stainless steel abutment clips, but you can swap to TJ rear calipers which have pads that are shorter between the slots to allow the use of abutment clips.

The center hole is very easily opened up enough to fit over the Set 10 bearing. There is a write up on Stu Offroad that shows what we did to install his many years ago. If you have a Dana 35, you don't have to open the hole.

Are these still available for 99 TJ, Dana 35? I’m in Phoenix and come to LAfrequently. Can I pick up.
I think I still have one more set available, I will look in my stash of Jeep parts to see what there is @JLANEF.

Do you have another kit put together yet? If not, can you provide a list of what all I need to build this kit? I'd like to convert mine, but not interested in spending 700.00+ on doing so! Thank you in advance.

Do you have another kit put together yet? If not, can you provide a list of what all I need to build this kit? I'd like to convert mine, but not interested in spending 700.00+ on doing so! Thank you in advance.
Where are you seeing them for 700? Average for new is around 530ish.

For Sale: Brackets and calipers for a rear disc brake conversion on any TJ Wrangler Dana 44 or Dana 35 axle. These are used parts, still serviceable or the calipers can be traded in as a core on rebuilt units. Includes Disc brake axle bracket with dust shields, parking brake levers and calipers. These came from 1995-1998 ZJ Grand Cherokees. $150 per set + shipping. Requires one drivers side & one passenger side 2003-2006 Rubicon TJ rear parking brake cable and factory disc brake bearing retainer flange, all available on Amazon, ebay or from vendors like Quadratec & 4WD.

A good DIY project for those who want to get rid of their drum brakes out back......

Thanks for reading,
Rick

What year ZJ’s work for this conversion? From what I have found it’s 93-99, is the ZJ the only model to rob from and still maintain 5 X 4.5? I have an 06 with a Dana M35. Does the parking brake still work? Thanks new to the Jeep world.

Status
Not open for further replies.