Every Generation Of Jeep Wrangler, Ranked Worst To Best

JK has a shitty engine, is too big by far, and has too much plastic (even worse than the TJ). The JL has a better engine than the JK; but too much plastic, the same HUGE size, and WAAAAY too much "technology". The YJ's only real drawback is the suspension - which *is* significant. Which is why I have a TJ instead of a CJ/YJ.

Reactions: JMT
Had cjs, YJ and TJs -

Drove my TN to look at CJ for a guy….felt like I dove home in a Cadillac.

Not bashing. The CJ’s were my introduction to the joy of Jeeps and will always hold a special place.

My CJ had front drum brakes and rolled with ease on off-camber terrain. :(

Is there a 10 step program for old farts like us?

JEEP PROBLEM (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).gif

Nah, "I like what I have and am happy I haven't tried something different" sounds more like bliss ignorance to me.

Might not actually be the case, but that's how the comment comes across as.

Nah, "I like what I have and am happy I haven't tried something different" sounds more like bliss ignorance to me.

Might not actually be the case, but that's how the comment comes across as.

I can’t control the path your brain takes things, but I can certainly explain my reasoning if you’re interested.

I specifically chose the TJ when I made the purchase for exploring AZ and tinkering (I enjoy wrenching even more than I like to wheel). The TJ is perfect for me on many fronts.

The TJ stays with me till one of us meets our end. There’s also sentimental value involved that I’ll keep private. If you read my comment again, you’ll plainly see that I never claimed it’s the best platform or how others should feel about it. But, it is the best for me.

I can’t control the path your brain takes things, but I can certainly explain my reasoning if you’re interested.

I specifically chose the TJ when I made the purchase for exploring AZ and tinkering (I enjoy wrenching even more than I like to wheel). The TJ is perfect for me on many fronts.

The TJ stays with me till one of us meets our end. There’s also sentimental value involved that I’ll keep private. If you read my comment again, you’ll plainly see that I never claimed it’s the best platform or how others should feel about it. But, it is the best for me.

I'm glad it's right for you, the TJ is an excellent platform. :)

Reactions: MikeE024
I'm glad it's right for you, the TJ is an excellent platform. :)

TBH, I’d love to go for a run in many different builds. I’m a nerd about that stuff. That’s the beauty of being content with what you have. I have no worries about being fickle around others.

If a 4-door ever includes a Hurricane engine from factory, I’ll be officially ready to buy a family vehicle…and build a family to put in it. :)

TBH, I’d love to go for a run in many different builds. I’m a nerd about that stuff. That’s the beauty of being content with what you have. I have no worries about being fickle around others.
It is pretty nice. I don't claim to know a whole lot, but I've been fortunate to have wheeled with and wrenched on a very diverse set of rigs. And to me, it's more fulfilling than simply bolting on every mod from the "So you want 35s on your TJ" thread.

If a 4-door ever includes a Hurricane engine from factory, I’ll be officially ready to buy a family vehicle…and build a family to put in it. :)

I've heard rumors of the next gen Wrangler having a Hurricane. Do you have something against the 3.6?