G105 ground location?

Yes 😂 Here is post 81 - you can see the post number across from the time
View attachment 142509
Oh. Ya. That’s g105 darling. Have cleaned it and sprayed it and sanded it and reinstalled yesterday.

z131/18 BKLG ETC ETC ....are all those points grounded to G105??

D79C1C12-05C8-4644-8E40-F7AE2E4224C8.jpeg

Oh. Ya. That’s g105 darling. Have cleaned it and sprayed it and sanded it and reinstalled yesterday.

View attachment 142511
Physically? No. Electrically yes. That’s why we’re checking the easy things first. Once we are satisfied with our connections we can move into meter using territory to check for continuity, short to power or ground.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat

View attachment 142511
Yep! Any chance the connection between them and the ground you cleaned is broken? I’ve had wires break in the sheathing with no outside signs.

Reactions: Daryl
Physically? No. Electrically yes.
I see those 4 wires crimped are probably all associated with the pcm yes. And then z43 or z42 is the other negative gauge connected with it at g105. That other ground though I wonder where it is. It must be behind the engine block

Don't rule out sending a PM to Wranglerfix... He will know if those codes are indicative of a PCM failure and he is real about things, not trying to sell parts. Keep us posted , one code is bad enough.

I see those 4 wires crimped are probably all associated with the pcm yes. And then z43 or z42 is the other negative gauge connected with it at g105. That other ground though I wonder where it is. It must be behind the engine block
So you’re satisfied that g105 is clean & tight. You’ve cleaned all the o2 sensor connectors. Cleaned all the PCM connectors? If so, clear the codes and see if they come back.

I’ve been asking around about the ground that’s connected to the back of your engine block? It goes from around your cowl drain to the back of your block ....I’m wondering if this ground is associated with the 02 circuits ....it’s some oily though at the back of my block —- horrible. I need to clean this area and any wires

Don't rule out sending a PM to Wranglerfix... He will know if those codes are indicative of a PCM failure and he is real about things, not trying to sell parts. Keep us posted , one code is bad enough.
Exactly. I did ask once and without question immediately he tried to sell me a pcm and backed it with this and that yada yada. I live in Canada. If anything is wrong etc I have to pay import fees etc etc

So you’re satisfied that g105 is clean & tight. You’ve cleaned all the o2 sensor connectors. Cleaned all the PCM connectors? If so, clear the codes and see if they come back.
I haven’t cleaned the connectors no. One of them closest to the back of the block what is it —bank 2 sensor 2? Full of oil inside the connector when I replaced it? Should I unplug all of them and spray and crap load of electrical cleaner in there?

Why has this thread gone off the rails?
They had a weird bump in the rails and EVERYONE took turns on the switch...
This always ends up in a train wreck that is fun as hell to watch...
But to be honest, all intentions were good but timing was lacking.
I think it all worked out ok!
Let's move on?

• Haha
Reactions: John Scoggins
They had a weird bump in the rails and EVERYONE took turns on the switch...
This always ends up in a train wreck that is fun as hell to watch...
But to be honest, all intentions were good but timing was lacking.
I think it all worked out ok!
Let's move on?
No comment.

Reactions: CodaMan