How much does my completely stock, 2003 TJ weigh?

should be able to scale it at the dump

DSCN1502 2.jpeg

Reactions: KCsTJ
My guess is about 3,400 lbs for an SE with soft top. I believe the Rubicons were 3,850 base so probably 4,000 loaded with options
Yeah, see, I'm googling it and I'm getting results anywhere from 3,500 to 4,500. That's such a big variance that I don't know what to trust.

Yeah, see, I'm googling it and I'm getting results anywhere from 3,500 to 4,500. That's such a big variance that I don't know what to trust.

45 lb tires x 5
34 lb rims x 5
60 lb tire carrier
no back seat
two tool bags
soft top
5 gal fuel can
1/2 fuel in the tank

= 4200 lb

Reactions: WLDRIDE
where are you in south central Colorado? Every now and then I'll take 100 pounds of scrap metal down to American Iron in Pueblo and get $3 or $4 toward my lunch. They weigh you in and back out and no one is there to check to see if you have anything before you go over the scales.

Reactions: inkedrose
My sticker states 4450 lbs. I have a 2003 Sport, stick, soft top. But, may have been sold with a hard top since the switch for the wiper and wiring is in the Jeep.
Of course now it has 33” tires, heavier rims, heavier bumpers, winch and sliders. Now it’s a rolling brick pulling an ox.

My sticker states 4450 lbs. I have a 2003 Sport, stick, soft top. But, may have been sold with a hard top since the switch for the wiper and wiring is in the Jeep.
Of course now it has 33” tires, heavier rims, heavier bumpers, winch and sliders. Now it’s a rolling brick pulling an ox.

that's your GVWR, which is maximum weight fully loaded that the chassis is engineered to support.

I believe the OP is asking for curb weight, which would be without occupants or baggage but including fluids.

Reactions: Fughuert
where are you in south central Colorado? Every now and then I'll take 100 pounds of scrap metal down to American Iron in Pueblo and get $3 or $4 toward my lunch. They weigh you in and back out and no one is there to check to see if you have anything before you go over the scales.
I'm about 2 hours from Pueblo. That's a good idea but I probably won't have the time to make that round trip.

I'm about 2 hours from Pueblo. That's a good idea but I probably won't have the time to make that round trip.

ah, ok yeah that's a haul. I'm just 40 minutes away and used to work there; have enough friends down there that I still go a couple times a month.

EDIT: Oh i see your profile, chaffee county. Salida?