Should I get an adjustable track bar for a 0-3 inch lift?

bossross

Looking for some advice. I noticed since last year that I get “the wobble” around 95km in my 03. Took it to a Jeep mechanic and he showed me the amount of play up and down in the track bar and suggested a new bar should solve. I am planning a small 2.5” lift this fall.
Should I get an adjustable track bar 0-3”? Any suggestions as to brand? It’s my summer driver at moment and doesn’t go off-road much.... family farm and cottage back roads, etc

Currie Enterprises makes a quality trac bar....
pdint_2_image_14617.15720719095354.jpg

There are NUMEROUS online companies that offer replacement and upgraded trac bars.
IF you want OEM you could install the trac bar and the front steering from a Jeep ZJ; this is an upgrade for the TJ.

I would go JKS unless you're a serious off-roader. If you are or just want top of the line then go Currie.

There are NUMEROUS online companies that offer replacement and upgraded trac bars.
IF you want OEM you could install the trac bar and the front steering from a Jeep ZJ; this is an upgrade for the TJ.
Thanks Charles. I imagine the OEM track bar would have to come out when I do a small lift this fall? 2.5”

I would go JKS unless you're a serious off-roader. If you are or just want top of the line then go Currie.
Can’t go top of line as I’ll never afford lift and bigger tires anytime soon. Just looking for something dependable that could stay on when I raise it up a little bit.

Forgot to add that Rough Country is being suggested as one of the cheaper options

I have the rough countey adj. Track bar.

I like that I didnt have to drill out the existing hole... but i wish there was more clearance in the rear between the gas tank skid.

Next time around.. ill consider the jks one.

Go for a double adjustable one if possible.

However, does anyone know on what website I could find a Currie Enterprises track bar up to a 5-6 in lift?

The Currie (now Rock Jock) track bar is designed around a 4". It will work with more. 5-6" is a lot for a TJ, though.

Before replacing the front track bar first get its axle side mounting bolt properly torqued. I'd start by replacing the OE bolt, which isn't hard to break by trying to get it tighter.

I replaced mine with Black Magic's extra strong replacement bolt and flag nut at https://www.shop.blackmagicbrakes.c...high-strength-SS-Bolt-HD-FLAG-NUT-SS-BOLT.htm

The ARP website says 54 ft-lbs for that bolt but I seem to recall @mrblaine (owner of Black Magic) advised something less than that to me. Maybe he'll chime in here with some words of wisdom.

Before replacing the front track bar first get its axle side mounting bolt properly torqued. I'd start by replacing the OE bolt, which isn't hard to break by trying to get it tighter.

I replaced mine with Black Magic's extra strong replacement bolt and flag nut at https://www.shop.blackmagicbrakes.c...high-strength-SS-Bolt-HD-FLAG-NUT-SS-BOLT.htm

The ARP website says 54 ft-lbs for that bolt but I seem to recall @mrblaine (owner of Black Magic) advised something less than that to me. Maybe he'll chime in here with some words of wisdom.
Was his recommendation to lube it? (Locktite, antiseize) if so it’s 20% less.