Tub-mounted LJ rocker guards for OEM Rubi holes

DeltaNu1142

I've got a mostly stock '05 LJR with the OEM diamond-plate rocker guards. I'm looking around for rocker guards with tube steps. There are some frame-mounted options, but if there's a tub-mounted product that fits the holes already drilled into the tub, I'll add those to the short list. Anyone know?

I've got a mostly stock '05 LJR with the OEM diamond-plate rocker guards. I'm looking around for rocker guards with tube steps. There are some frame-mounted options, but if there's a tub-mounted product that fits the holes already drilled into the tub, I'll add those to the short list. Anyone know?

I doubt you'll find much that matches the factory holes.
Plus, most aftermarket ones use more fasteners than the factory ones.
I have the Mopar rocker guards with a tube. They might use the factory holes, but they were already on when I bought it.
Also, the tube is not really that great of a step.
YRMV

Last edited:
20231110_194213.gif

• USA Proud
Reactions: TheBoogieman
:LOL:

I don't mind poking holes, really, but if there's a good straight bolt-on product, I'd rather go that way.

As an alternative, I've been asking around (on retailer sites) about whether the Body Armor 4x4 Rockcrawler Steps are robust enough to jack up the Jeep from the step. No answers yet, though.

:LOL:

I don't mind poking holes, really, but if there's a good straight bolt-on product, I'd rather go that way.

As an alternative, I've been asking around (on retailer sites) about whether the Body Armor 4x4 Rockcrawler Steps are robust enough to jack up the Jeep from the step. No answers yet, though.

Those use the body mounts as a means of attachment. You need to read the big slider thread.

Yeah, I know - that's why I say, 'alternative.' With those I'd just keep the OEM rocker guards. I'll check out that thread, anyway.