What did you do to your TJ today?

I didn't do anything to my Jeep today, but because of doing stuff to my Jeep in the past, I did something today. I did almost all of the 30k maintenance on my Subaru today. From gaining experience and confidence with working on the Jeep, I replaced the rear diff fluid, manual transmission fluid, brake fluid, and cooling fluid on the Subaru as well as replacing the reverse light switch. Hell yeah, getting my hands dirty in the garage!

Keep an eye on it -

If it caught on fire.....maybe this might show upView attachment 524283
Can't do that "theme". My brother has a show JK that is firefighter theme and used to be 4 doors. This was 2 years ago. In a few weeks it won't be the same Jeep.

FB_IMG_1714878330002.jpg

Today I wired my LED headlight halos, wired my two 4” flood lights mounted on winch bumper, installed a RC rear bumper with tire carrier, modified my OEM center high brake light to work with the new tire carrier.

Tomorrow I’m installing front and rear adjustable track bars and installing a USB C receptacle. That’s it until the next shipment of goodie’s arrive (license plate relocation mount, lower door frame protectors, grab handles, wider fender flares).

Went offloading at Southington Offroad Park near Youngstown, Ohio yesterday. Good day. Some bruises, but no damage

View attachment 524323

View attachment 524324

View attachment 524325

Nobody asked, but that's my old stomping ground. There and Wellsville, anyway. Here's a pic I took in 2013 of my current TJ at Southington, first time taking it out to see what kind of shape it was in. Might have still been JeepSkool. Weird people running that place back then.

20130406-20130406-DSC_0235-2.JPG

And the same Jeep today:

TJ Clean smol.jpg

Actually for the hell of it, here's a pic of my first TJ (06 SE) there in 2009

20090606-20090606-_DSC0111.JPG

Last edited:
Gutted the interior and gave all the hard surfaces a good cleaning this morning.

Progressed to blasting out the carpeting with the pressure washer a little bit ago. carpeting is dripping dry at the moment, soon to be transferred to the basement with the running dehumidifier.
View attachment 524173
Fire up that brick BBQ pit! :LOL:

Today I wired my LED headlight halos, wired my two 4” flood lights mounted on winch bumper, installed a RC rear bumper with tire carrier, modified my OEM center high brake light to work with the new tire carrier.

Tomorrow I’m installing front and rear adjustable track bars and installing a USB C receptacle. That’s it until the next shipment of goodie’s arrive (license plate relocation mount, lower door frame protectors, grab handles, wider fender flares).

20220412_113900.jpg

Probably the best fix I've done since I got the Jeep. Pulled the window crank and shifted it so it doesn't bang on my knee in the full up or full down position!

Oh yeah, put a new Adams driveshaft in and set the pinion angle.View attachment 524355

Was one of my very first modifications. drove me nuts before I repositioned it.

Was one of my very first modifications. drove me nuts before I repositioned it.

I actually did it when I first got it, then I had to take the door apart to fix the handle and had the window half up when I put it back together. I told myself to take 5 minutes and fix it about twice a week for the last year!

I actually did it when I first got it, then I had to take the door apart to fix the handle and had the window half up when I put it back together. I told myself to take 5 minutes and fix it about twice a week for the last year!

I was lucky enough to have some tools in my jeep one day that i bumped my knee on the knob. I pulled over and moved both handles into a better position on the side of the highway.