Wranglerfixed

Final update.... After the wiring was fixed my tranny came back to normal... The issue was in the harness that goes to the tranny above the starter... Not sure if you can see the fixed wiring in the picture... According to the electrician, since the wires were burnt and messed up.. The PCM beingn tosted was almost a guarantee... So... After $650 from the new PCM, the $80 for the reman mopar Solenoid pack, $100 filter and fluids.. $70 for the tranny shop and $70 for the Electric shop.... My jeep was fixed.... And... Since I got the jeep the O/D was a bit crazy.. It turned off and on when it wanted... Not only when I selected... That issue was fixed as well... Not sure if because of the new PCM or if because the wiring being fixed... But... So far the jeep handles better than before... View attachment 523241View attachment 523242

Awesome news man, congrats!!!

I don't know if the wire loom is still in that position, but I'd want the wires to be safely secured (away from exposure, the exhaust, and rub/pinch points). Just throwing that out there in case it's helpful. Congrats again. :)

Final update.... After the wiring was fixed my tranny came back to normal... The issue was in the harness that goes to the tranny above the starter... Not sure if you can see the fixed wiring in the picture... According to the electrician, since the wires were burnt and messed up.. The PCM beingn tosted was almost a guarantee... So... After $650 from the new PCM, the $80 for the reman mopar Solenoid pack, $100 filter and fluids.. $70 for the tranny shop and $70 for the Electric shop.... My jeep was fixed.... And... Since I got the jeep the O/D was a bit crazy.. It turned off and on when it wanted... Not only when I selected... That issue was fixed as well... Not sure if because of the new PCM or if because the wiring being fixed... But... So far the jeep handles better than before... View attachment 523241View attachment 523242

Great to hear!

Electrical/wiring takes a special person for sure. Patience is a virtue with wiring.

I don’t have first hand experience with Wrangler fix, but I have a good friend with a 2006 LJ that came to me with a bunch of problems that completely sounded like the typical PCM failure.

He reached out to Wranglerfix last Monday morning by email. 5mins later he got a call from Mark and it was determined that his PCM is bad. Within two hours of that first email he already had shipping notification.

He received his new PCM with the new tune 2 days later on Wednesday. He installed the new PCM and he has been very pleased! Granted he had a failing PCM, but he says the jeep is running better and shifts better than it ever has. It holds gears longer, hasn’t had to turn off the OD off and just in general if feels better.

So Mark you have one very happy customer up in Northern Michigan!

It is nice to actually fix a problem. 👍🏼

Have any of you guys ever done new plugs and noticed a slight power increase and crispness then after a few days you get used to it?

My gain was like 2-3 times that, nothing outrageous, but enough power it sounds throaty at idle and you notice it every time you drive it.

Very hard to verbalize or quantify by us average joes.

I genuinely think some Jeeps run better, and not all owners will notice equal gains.

A healthy guy doesn’t feel the vitamin shot like the guy who needs it more.

New plugs can absolutely make a difference if the old ones are bad or out of spec.

Worn or fouled plugs can fail to ignite the mixture every time, which means that the fuel/air is wasted and burns up in the catalytic converter instead. If it doesn’t occur often enough, you may not get a misfire DTC.

A spark plug that is weak tends to create a smaller flame kernel, meaning it takes more time for the kernel to grow and eventually generate peak cylinder pressure. This tends to cause an effect similar to pulling timing, in that the peak pressure occurs later than it normally would, meaning the engine extracts less power from the burn. On the opposite end, too large of a spark can cause very rapid kernel growth and advance the peak pressure time before the intended target, which can either cause a reduction in power (more pressure pushing on the piston before it reaches TDC), and in some cases, cause detonation (pinging).

Having the wrong temperature range spark plug can also cause issues. Too hot of a spark plug can cause preignition, which tends to quickly cause engine damage as well as cause peak pressure to occur earlier than intended, reducing torque output. Plugs that are too cold will get fouled, which may cause weaker spark, or in some cases, also cause preignition due to the carbon build-up.

Similarly, tune timing makes a huge difference. The OEM charts are very conservative, meaning peak pressure often occurs way later than it could, reducing torque output unnecessarily. On a poorly maintained engine, this can help extend its longevity. However, on a well maintained engine, it primarily results in reduced power/torque and increased fuel consumption/emissions.

Update.... The electrician is not sure if he will be able to fix it without pulling the engine or transmission out due to the location of the pinched wire..... And... Obviously... We haven't confirmed that this cable was actually the issue of my shifting problems...

View attachment 523076
View attachment 523074

This place is an invaluable place of knowledge and vetted sourced goods and vendors, I'd be lost without it.

So would Jerry.

I wonder if he's still butt hurt. Or more accurately, how much.

1714575419447.png

So would Jerry.

I wonder if he's still butt hurt. Or more accurately, how much.

Are you just bust'n Jerry's balls Bill or did I miss something between you two? lol
I don't understand what Jerry would be butthurt about, it seems he left Komifornia because he was sick of all the butthurt out there?
Jerry's been a huge help to me on parts, components and compatibility.

Got my @Wranglerfix PCM back in the mail today and reinstalled.

The shifts are sooo smooth. I normally turn the OD off when I get it, but I didn’t this time. Took it out for about a 20 mile trip. Pretty flat land around here, but I took it out on the highway where there is a pretty good length hill and a 65 mph speed limit. The power felt just right, even going back up that hill.

Thanks again, Mark!

Edited for Jeep details:
2006 Unlimited
42RLE auto
Stock 3.73 gears
31x10.50-15 BFG mud terrains

Just ran through the first full tank of gas on the new PCM with performance tune. Got 251 miles before the needle hit the red. (gas light didn't come on yet). Put 14 gallons in the tank. Roughly 17.9mpg. Before the new PCM, usually by the time the light comes on I would be at 230-240 miles and put 15-16 galllons in.

I sent mine in to get the tune, I can’t wait to try it out. The install of the WF PCM was one of the best improvements to my 05 LJR, I hope this tume will be as good.

I’ve been told 2 things- some owners have noticed little gain, then very consistent reports of better shifts and good clean power. So far more good stories than neutral.

Makes me wonder if stock PCMs came in different states of tune.

Even pcm suppliers can have parts variation, etc.

Reactions: John Cooper
32 rh from a cj and no more computer issues and the wide ratio and no overdrive is absolutely bulletproof!

Best combo of engine/tranny we may ever see.....shame we never saw 6 and 8 speed autos.

Last edited:
Went to the @Wranglerfix website for some reading pleasure. After reading all about them and their products I noticed something that would be helpful to Mark from all of his happy customers on this forum.
A review.
Internet reviews sell products and this tj pcm on his site has a total of 4 reviews.
Come on guys, payback.
🇺🇸