Can I splice in JK blinkers on a TJ?

npalmi88

So, I bought some JK round LED blinkers thinking they were the same connectors, I have a TJ that was modified to accept round blinkers but obviously the connectors are different. Could I just splice in JK connectors and make them work?

Reactions: CreepinDeth
Swap the bulbs in your existing blinkers to LED. The JK blinker housing (which looks like you already have) accepts the same TJ bulb base that you likely still have.

Reactions: rasband
So, I bought some JK round LED blinkers thinking they were the same connectors, I have a TJ that was modified to accept round blinkers but obviously the connectors are different. Could I just splice in JK connectors and make them work?
I've done that conversion twice on my previous '97 then my current '04 and I reused the TJ's OE front turn signal bulb enclosures which twist-locked perfectly into the JK bulb enclosures. No wiring or bulb holder changes were needed.

I've done that conversion twice on my previous '97 then my current '04 and I reused the TJ's OE front turn signal bulb enclosures which twist-locked perfectly into the JK bulb enclosures. No wiring or bulb holder changes were needed.

The problem is I bought some dark amber JK ones by mistake after one of my TJ ones fell out on the road and I kinda just really like the look of these ones. So from what I’m hearing it shouldn’t be a problem

I just did this a few months back; the bulbs themselves are interchangeable, as is the socket for the bulbs. On my LJ, I used clear JK housings in my grille; swapped the JK amber bulbs into my LJ factory sockets and it works like a charm. Had to re-route the harness a bit, but that isnt rocket science to figure out.

IMG_9451.jpg

Reactions: npalmi88
With the current market value of the 2004-06 LJ increasing daily, I just can't bring myself to cut holes in the body of mine.
If the upward trend continues, I should be able to sell mine next year and retire off the sale.

Seriously though. I really like the look of the JK lights. If I ever go with GR fenders, I'll be doing this.

Reactions: MikekiM
With the current market value of the 2004-06 LJ increasing daily, I just can't bring myself to cut holes in the body of mine.
If the upward trend continues, I should be able to sell mine next year and retire off the sale.

Seriously though. I really like the look of the JK lights. If I ever go with GR fenders, I'll be doing this.

You could always get a spare grill to cut into and swap back when you want to sell it as stock.

Reactions: MikekiM and LONGJP2
Thought I’d update you guys. Still haven’t ordered the connectors, but here’s what I’m dealing with: (the driver’s side old assembly fell out on the road)

Included pics of the new (JK?) ones. For clarification, the new ones don’t have a removable bulb, they’re LED built as a unit.

IMG_0793.jpeg

IMG_0792.jpeg

Last edited:
I just did this a few months back; the bulbs themselves are interchangeable, as is the socket for the bulbs. On my LJ, I used clear JK housings in my grille; swapped the JK amber bulbs into my LJ factory sockets and it works like a charm. Had to re-route the harness a bit, but that isnt rocket science to figure out.

View attachment 506188

I don't typically care for the modern LED headlights on our aged TJs. Yours is an exception. The blacked out look is sweet.

Reactions: npalmi88