Measure Once, Cut Twice: A Story of Excitement and Impatience

The mid arm is something I've thought about for years. What put you over the edge to make the purchase?

Reactions: Sj's TJ
The mid arm is something I've thought about for years. What put you over the edge to make the purchase?

Short answer: It’s potential discontinuation, among other Savvy parts. Whether I am ready for it or not, it is worth having on the shelf at a minimum. I did not want to “wait until I am ready for it” to buy it, and regret not getting it if it gets discontinued.

Gerald says his sticker guy went out of business.

my sticker guy isn't.. 🤫

1664991075367.png

@taylormade73 didnt you fashion a JJ rebuild tool when working through some trac bar issues? I need to do the axle side joint on mine and not fan of additional $110 for tool if can be avoided. I tried looking but clearly am not search skilled.

Weird phenomenon…my JJ’s have been creaking for several months now like they do several times a year. I’m not one of the lucky ones that never have to grease them. So, I was going to service them here soon before I head out to Moab.

I went to Haspin Acres with my nephew yesterday for his birthday, even though it was muddy from the two weeks of rain received. I usually stay away from mud because Midwest mud is usually the cause of my JJ creaking, but I’m servicing them here soon so it didn’t matter. And, Midwest mud didn’t disappoint. It took an hour and $20 at the wash to get the mud out of every crevice on this thing. Did I mention how much I hate mud?

IMG_6404.jpeg
IMG_9224.jpeg

Well, I have no fucking idea why, but since yesterday, all of my JJ’s are dead silent.

Weird phenomenon…my JJ’s have been creaking for several months now like they do several times a year. I’m not one of the lucky ones that never have to grease them. So, I was going to service them here soon before I head out to Moab.

I went to Haspin Acres with my nephew yesterday for his birthday, even though it was muddy from the two weeks of rain received. I usually stay away from mud because Midwest mud is usually the cause of my JJ creaking, but I’m servicing them here soon so it didn’t matter. And, Midwest mud didn’t disappoint. It took an hour and $20 at the wash to get the mud out of every crevice on this thing. Did I mention how much I hate mud?

View attachment 528124View attachment 528125

Well, I have no fucking idea why, but since yesterday, all of my JJ’s are dead silent.

Two wranglers is good to see

Reactions: taylormade73