Car pics too cool not to share

1715700871764.png

I've seen a LOT better hoods on XJ's & MJ's but aside from the hood it's not a bad looking rig.
I thought about the same, "aside from the hood it's not a bad looking rig." Then I compared it to what Apparition posted and now I hate the aerodynamic jelly bean side view mirrors too.

I'm also wondering if the owner wears skinny jeans and/or a man bun. Either way I think I've seen enough pictures.

Hopefully this is one of the times the internet is correct?

Extremely Rare
This was the first woody to have an all steel roof.
1942 Chrysler Barrelback Town and Country Estate Wagon
The 1941 Town and Country was a clear departure from conventional thought as to how a station wagon should look.
Station wagons offered by other manufacturers of the era had bodies made almost completely out of wood from the cowl back and were boxy in appearance.
By comparison, the Town and Country was sleek and modern, more like a fastback sedan.

The rear cargo doors opened like a clamshell, as opposed to the traditional and more utilitarian tailgate design.

1715754528951.png

1715754656634.png

1715754699008.png

Extremely Rare

1942 Chrysler Barrelback Town and Country Estate Wagon

Any civilian '42 model vehicle is rare, but I’ve never heard of that particular wagon. I'm guessing the war ended that model run, since '46 was a whole new generation coming to market.

I found this;

Amelia Island Photo Album: 1942 Chrysler Town and Country Station Wagon​

The Larger family from Westerville, Ohio, brought their very distinctive barrel-back woodie wagon to take part in the special Chrysler Town and Country class. Produced in late January 1942, just one month after the attack on Pearl Harbor, this particular Town and Country was one of the last civilian automobiles manufactured. It was built on a Windsor sedan chassis, and is one of 999 Town and Country models produced before the making of war materiel took over Detroit’s automobile factories. This particular six-passenger version, of which just 150 were produced in this body style, remains one of only two known to exist today. There are 15 more out there, but those are nine-passenger models.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/20...-1942-chrysler-town-and-country-station-wagon

Can someone school me on the 372 V-8? My searching skills seems to be lacking and all I come with is gibberish.

How, or maybe why, did they month those wheels like that? Maybe it's some photochoppin'. Those wheel studs would have to be a foot long.

I couldn't tell you, it's just a pic that came across my feed on a different social media platform... I doubt it's AI, I have seen setups like that before. I would imagie its using some kind of spacer.

Reactions: Ghost
Can someone school me on the 372 V-8?

It looks like a SBC, so assuming that, a de-stroked standard bore 400 would net 372 ci. 4.125 (std) x 3.75 < common SBC stroker crank.

A 400 SBC has a 4.125 bore by 4.00 inch stroke. De-stroking with a standard SBC "stroker" crank of 3.75 would net the 372.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman and Squatch