G105 ground location?

I’ve done mannnnnny things — I always remove the negative and positive gauge prior .....0038 pops up immediately and then it follows 0058. Takes about 10km before 1032 and 1052 to pop up which is the upstream heater circuits
That’s really tough, I’m sorry. One thing I’ve messed up before is forgetting to touch the battery leads together once disconnected to fully drain it. You probably did that, but if not it’s worth a shot!

That’s really tough, I’m sorry. One thing I’ve messed up before is forgetting to touch the battery leads together once disconnected to fully drain it. You probably did that, but if not it’s worth a shot!
That’s not it lol it’s much more complicated unfortunately that’s why I’m asking for ground points and locations etc. Thanks tho man 👋

It’s probably one of the most complicated things to figure out. I wish I just had a part to replace. So easy. Electrical. My goodness. I’m learning a lot though so I’m grateful I guess. I’ll always have a old Jeep Wrangler

• Wow
Reactions: John Scoggins
Men can even understand! ELECTRICAL! NOT PARTS. Electrical. Complicated. You can’t buy a part to fix this. You figure it out yourself entirely through examining with a multimeter ! Who does that? What man knows how to do that here in this forum—- come forth!!!

So far I think I've seen an electrical engineer, @Jerry Bransford (he first sketched the TJ on a napkin in the late 80s), and myself who diagnoses electrical problems & trains new technicians on aircraft for a living offer to walk you through using a multimeter.

• Haha
Reactions: John Scoggins
Instead of randomly chasing grounds, you should try testing at the O2 sensor connectors, then chasing from there. Here is a link (not sure this is totally accurate, but seems well written):

https://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/jeep/4.0L/P0135-diagnostic-tests-2
Measure for proper voltage and ground at each connector and report back.

Also, you mentioned that bolts blew out or something after you replaced the O2 sensors? Are you sure that they are installed correctly? Air leaks at the sensors will cause error codes as well.

T
Instead of randomly chasing grounds, you should try testing at the O2 sensor connectors, then chasing from there. Here is a link (not sure this is totally accurate, but seems well written):

https://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/jeep/4.0L/P0135-diagnostic-tests-2
Measure for proper voltage and ground at each connector and report back.

Also, you mentioned that bolts blew out or something after you replaced the O2 sensors? Are you sure that they are installed correctly? Air leaks at the sensors will cause error codes as well.
Thats super helpful thanks!

Weirdly it seems the control side of the O2 sensors heater is switched 12+ not ground switched as most vehicles are I have one here in the Uk with no 12+ to the O2 sensors heaters but can not find on the diagrams where its 12+ comes from apart from PCM its a late 2005 TJ so does not have the O2 sensor heater relay. anyone here help?

I’m just replying to this old thread
I have a problem with my 99 TJ in that when both 02 sensors are plugged in they send a ground to the orange/green wire which goes to the ASD relay fuse, did you resolve this?
I have ALL the harness off in the engine compartment as I have a crank no start & can’t find the problem
Still won’t start with sensors pigtails disconnected

I’m just replying to this old thread
I have a problem with my 99 TJ in that when both 02 sensors are plugged in they send a ground to the orange/green wire which goes to the ASD relay fuse, did you resolve this?
I have ALL the harness off in the engine compartment as I have a crank no start & can’t find the problem
Still won’t start with sensors pigtails disconnected

I'd start a new thread.

Random thought...check the clock spring?

-Mac