'00 TJ 4.0 Sport axles leaking

Newbie questions. I have just got 2000 Sport 4.0 auto w/ an approx 3" lift kit running 33's. Both axle pinions show signs of leaking. How can i tell which axles i have? Is this common problem? Repair tips?
Thanks in advance.

No problem. That would be the standard axles for your year and model.

I'm a fairly new owner and had the same problem. When I went under to identify the rear axle I realized they had switched out the Dana 35 for the Ford 8.8 from an Explorer. Decided to let the shop fix my seals and spent some more time under it while they had it on the lift. Luckily whoever had her before me took good care of her and spent money on her where it matters. Good luck with your seals. Let us know how they turn out and how much trouble it was to replace them.

Newbie questions. I have just got 2000 Sport 4.0 auto w/ an approx 3" lift kit running 33's. Both axle pinions show signs of leaking. How can i tell which axles i have? Is this common problem? Repair tips?
Thanks in advance.

I feel your pain. All four of my axles are crying gear oil. It's just not a priority right now but I'll get to it eventually.