06 LJ transmission lines replacement

Mfpaul73

Supporting Member
My lines finally corroded enough to spring a pin leak, smoking up the engine bay and lubing the control arms below.

I ordered a SS replacement set from Lines To Go, thinking their set will help me avoid any other disassembly to replace both of the quick connect lines, radiator to trans.

Anyone have any experience with replacement on the 06 LJ? Is this likely a couple hour job or more?

I haven't done it on the 42RLE, but expect to lose a lot of fluid during the job. The job itself is pretty straightforward. You might be able to leave the old ones in to help you with the specific routing, and then just cut the old ones out when you're done.

Whenever I have to drop a 32RH, it doesn't matter how long I've let the thing drain for....whenever I disconnect the lines from the tranny seems like gallons comes out of those ports.

I haven't done it on the 42RLE, but expect to lose a lot of fluid during the job. The job itself is pretty straightforward. You might be able to leave the old ones in to help you with the specific routing, and then just cut the old ones out when you're done.

Whenever I have to drop a 32RH, it doesn't matter how long I've let the thing drain for....whenever I disconnect the lines from the tranny seems like gallons comes out of those ports.

Brother you are not kidding- I recently dropped by 42 pan and I thought the fluid would never quit coming out.

• Haha
Reactions: Mfpaul73 and hear

Thanks for the tip. I’ll be prepared to capture a fair bit, then.