06 TJ driveshaft in LA / Orange County area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxbrownr8

Anyone have an extra rear oem automatic tj driveshaft in the LA / Orange County area for an 06’ non-rubi tj? I’m too embarrassed to tell why I need another one, I just do. Willing to drive to pick up and looking to buy as close to $100 as possible. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I ended up finding a great local shop (OC Driveline) and they were able to rebuild mine entirely for a great price in less than an hour! Basically, @toximus I ended up realizing I needed to replace my u-joints and I completely botched the job. Using a rental hand bearing press from o'rilleys and jumping on my rachets, I had not realized that one of the caps of the u joints had been started at a slight angle... BANG! The cap exploded and to my unfortunate surprise, the anchor hole for the cap on the driveshaft had been bored out, badly. Basically just another learning experience in the life of a broke student working on his jeep lol!

Reactions: toximus
Hey guys, I ended up finding a great local shop (OC Driveline) and they were able to rebuild mine entirely for a great price in less than an hour! Basically, @toximus I ended up realizing I needed to replace my u-joints and I completely botched the job. Using a rental hand bearing press from o'rilleys and jumping on my rachets, I had not realized that one of the caps of the u joints had been started at a slight angle... BANG! The cap exploded and to my unfortunate surprise, the anchor hole for the cap on the driveshaft had been bored out, badly. Basically just another learning experience in the life of a broke student working on his jeep lol!

That’s one way we learn by fucking up haha
Next time I’m sure you’ll pay closer attention since you know what could happen

Reactions: Maxbrownr8
Status
Not open for further replies.