Will a 07 JK NP241 fit in a TJ?

So the JK Rubi tcases varied across the production years.

If I recall correctly, one from a 07-11 auto will bolt up to your transmission. I doubt it would bolt up to your tcase skid. Yokes or driveshafts would have to be changed too.

Any year manual will also bolt up. 2012+ auto will NOT work.

No speedo because JKs use wheel speed sensors. I’ve heard of folks using like a GPS-based speedo.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
Also doublecheck that it actually has the 4:1 ratio. All JKs had a NP241, but not all with the lower ratio.

I don’t recall what the correct designation for a Rubi is (something like NP241OR or NP241J).

Reactions: NOTNSUV
Also doublecheck that it actually has the 4:1 ratio. All JKs had a NP241, but not all with the lower ratio.

I don’t recall what the correct designation for a Rubi is (something like NP241OR or NP241J).

The transfercase will have a round New Venture Gear medallion attached with a screw identifying the ratio of either 2.72 or 4.1.
The Rubicon transfercase is identified as NP241OR.

So the JK Rubi tcases varied across the production years.

If I recall correctly, one from a 07-11 auto will bolt up to your transmission. I doubt it would bolt up to your tcase skid. Yokes or driveshafts would have to be changed too.

Any year manual will also bolt up. 2012+ auto will NOT work.

No speedo because JKs use wheel speed sensors. I’ve heard of folks using like a GPS-based speedo.

What part of a TJ transfer case mounts to the skid?

• Haha
Reactions: JMT