California 16" Early Vanco Big Brake kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
Price
475-500-600
This is an odd deal. Someone asked for assistance. I dug around and found enough take off parts that I used for very minor testing and fitment to put together a refurbished (sorta) 16" kit. They then declined my offer so now I want this stuff out of my way.
Pads will be new with a new hardware kit and instructions.
Pistons have been pulled in the calipers and seals lubed. Guide pin kits are new Ford OEM parts and newly lubed and installed.
All the parts have been treated with phosphor etch and cleaned. Helper used too much which is the whitish color on stuff. Simple scuff with scotch brite will clean them right up. I'd do it but then they will rust right away.
Rotors are almost new with less than 500 miles on them as are all the brake parts except the new pads.
I'd recommend painting the calipers.
Brackets on knuckles are new with new hardware.
Banjo bolts and bleeder screws are new with new crush washers.
Knuckles need paint, otherwise just fine as near as I can tell or as fine as any we ever used.
Price is 475.00 plus shipping. I'll ship it for our typical 125.00 flat rate, or you can send call tags and the price will be 500 to cover the packaging.
That's all the good, the bad is just aesthetic. This is a kit I would happily run myself after some prep and paint.
Not compatible with big u-joint or RCV axles due to cutting away the ears on the brackets.
DSC00832.JPG

DSC00833.JPG

DSC00834.JPG

This needed to be a 15 inch kit.

It very easily can be since I have those adapters as well. The harder part will be rotors but I can give anyone that part number to source them locally.
edit- this was a 15" kit, I removed those adapters to install the new 16" versions.

It very easily can be since I have those adapters as well. The harder part will be rotors but I can give anyone that part number to source them locally.
edit- this was a 15" kit, I removed those adapters to install the new 16" versions.

If no one wants to snag this in its present form I will take it off your hands.

I would have bought it this morning but I have to hold cash right now. 😞

I'll be on 17's next year and ready to upgrade. 😊

I would have bought it this morning but I have to hold cash right now. 😞

I'll be on 17's next year and ready to upgrade. 😊

Basically same boat. I need to nail down what I'm doing with my hub situation first. It's gonna be a hell of a deal for somebody.

Reactions: JMT
Status
Not open for further replies.