2" Lift Question

Mopar7014

TJ Enthusiast
i have a stock 97 TJ. I want to raise it up about 2 or 2.5". I will not be climbing or mudding it. Flat roads only. Just want the better look. Will be adding 32" tires. What is the best route to go w/o a lot of $? But I want it to be safe.

I would do coil spacers and 1.25 body lift. Very easy just did a body lift on my tj took a few hours. Make sure to do 1" motor mount lift also it's much better than moving radiator and cutting the fan shroud. I have the coil spacers if you want them I could sell them to you for $20.00. You will need to rent a coil a coil spring compressor to put them in.

If they only want to run a 32 anything more than 2.5" of lift would be too tall and look goofy. I would just stick with a 2" coil spacer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they only want to run a 32 anything more than 2.5" of lift would be too tall and look goofy. I would just stick with a 2" coil spacer

I was told by BDS I couldn't run anything bigger than a 31x10.50 with their 2" lift.

You can run up to a 32 with a 2" lift and stock fenders

The tires are BFG K02's 285x75x16 which they say are 32's but reality they are 32.7 which is closer to a 33 which they say will rub.

Reactions: Jheapr
I run a 33x10.50 2.5" lift 1.25" BL with stock bumpstops and I'd like to go down 1/2" but it doesn't rub at all with the swaybar connected and with it disconnected it rubs just a hair if I am at full flex and have the tires turned all the way

I run a 33x10.50 2.5" lift 1.25" BL with stock bumpstops and I'd like to go down 1/2" but it doesn't rub at all with the swaybar connected and with it disconnected it rubs just a hair if I am at full flex and have the tires turned all the way

See that's what I really don't want to get into. I just want something simple with a noce stance.

I would like to go back to 31's and it's mostly an off-road rig. The 33's make it kinda a pain to get in and out of. If I could do it again I would go 1.25" BL stock springs 2.5" OME shocks and a Tummy Tuck

I would like to go back to 31's and it's mostly an off-road rig. The 33's make it kinda a pain to get in and out of. If I could do it again I would go 1.25" BL stock springs 2.5" OME shocks and a Tummy Tuck

Yeah all ya need really

It doesn't brake as well with the 33's and with the 15" wheels it occasionally will get sidewall deflection which is weird

Same here . . . '97 TJ & wanted it to look better. Since it needed tires and the OEM 15" Jeep alloys looked lousy, I picked up a set of stock JK 16" rims and wrapped them in LT245 tires. I just finished adding 2" budget lift pucks.

IMG_0843_zpsdcn5yvot.jpg

In retrospect, I should have gone with only a 1" lift in the back.