2001 TJ 4.0 Vacuum Line Replacement

Blue Maltese

It seems that the vacuum line for the 2001 Wrangler has been discontinued. It looks like the one for the 2002 will work. Part # 55037567AC. I haven't been able to find that vacuum line either. How am I supposed to repair my cracked and leaking vacuum line?

71ll-9JHHWL._AC_SX679_.jpg

You could check in the TJ Wrangler Classifieds FOR SALE section to see if one of the members that is parting out a Jeep has that part available.

View attachment 317205

You could check in the TJ Wrangler Classifieds FOR SALE section to see if one of the members that is parting out a Jeep has that part available.
Thanks for the suggestion CharlesHS. I considered that but I'm concerned that a vacuum line from someone else's old TJ may be as brittle as mine and also ready to crack. I'm hoping for a new replacement or maybe a source for the materials I need to make my own. Would it matter if the diameter of the vacuum tube was larger? Can I just test the check valves by blowing through them? Can I purchase new check valves anywhere? I ordered the vacuum line for the 2002 TJ from a dealer today. So far I haven't been told it's discontinued. If I can get the 2002 vacuum line, I'll make it fit.

It seems that the vacuum line for the 2001 Wrangler has been discontinued. It looks like the one for the 2002 will work. Part # 55037567AC. I haven't been able to find that vacuum line either. How am I supposed to repair my cracked and leaking vacuum line?
I repaired mine by slicing a length of a narrow straw and wrapping it around the vacuum line and then wrapping it with electrical tape. I did this as a short-term fix while waiting for the replacement vacuum line to be delivered. that was a couple of years ago. I still have the new line waiting for the day when the repair fails.

Most auto parts stock generic vacuum tube and fittings that is a good alternative. Try a local NAPA if you have one. Nothing special about the Jeep tubing.

I repaired mine by slicing a length of a narrow straw and wrapping it around the vacuum line and then wrapping it with electrical tape. I did this as a short-term fix while waiting for the replacement vacuum line to be delivered. that was a couple of years ago. I still have the new line waiting for the day when the repair fails.
I repaired one of my cracks and then as I was doing it, it cracked in another spot. I used irrigation drip tubing to slide over the vacuum tube then used heat shrink over the area. It's a good patch, but the whole line is old and brittle and I'd like to replace it. I live in the southwest desert where summer temperatures reach the lower 100's. Plastic and rubber tubing don't do very good in these conditions. Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: JC123
You can test the check valves with a MityVac vacuum pump the same as I did recently when troubleshooting the A/C vacuum actuators and tubing.

You can locate replacement tubing at this site.

https://www.polyconn.com/polyethylene-tubing-6mm-od#1
Thanks for the link. I don't know what size my tubing is. I wonder if it matters much. I'm thinking 1/4" od and 1/8" id might be okay. I need something I can find connecting fittings for, like elbows and tee's.

Most auto parts stock generic vacuum tube and fittings that is a good alternative. Try a local NAPA if you have one. Nothing special about the Jeep tubing.
Good to know. I do have a NAPA close by. I'll check them out. Thanks. I did check there for the whole vacuum line and they couldn't find one. Maybe I'll get lucky if I just get the tubing and make my own.