2002 Jeep Wrangler won’t start

Wdcaruso

Does anyone have any ideas about my 2002 Jeep Wrangler inline six .. the gauge light came on, the speedometer and oil gauge stop working .. when I shut off, it would not start again it just rolls.. seems like it needs a spark. I replaced, distributors and the ignition crankshaft Position sensor .. I checked all the major grounds on the block. Not sure what else to look at, anybody have any good ideas?

Can you get a code reader on her or pull any codes on the odometer. Not sure if the 02 has that function.

Obtain a can of starting fluid, remove throttle body intake tube from throttle body, squirt a small amount of starting fluid into the throttle body while a second person cranks the engine over. If it starts you have a fuel delivery issue.

• USA Proud
Reactions: CharlesHS
Does anyone have any ideas about my 2002 Jeep Wrangler inline six .. the gauge light came on, the speedometer and oil gauge stop working .. when I shut off, it would not start again it just rolls.. seems like it needs a spark. I replaced, distributors and the ignition crankshaft Position sensor .. I checked all the major grounds on the block. Not sure what else to look at, anybody have any good ideas?
As previously stated... check for fuel and spark.
You replaced the distributor and CPS ? You should have waited until you determined whether you were missing fuel or spark.
IF you replaced OPDA (distributor replacement) did you align the crankshaft pulley and set the firing order to No.1 prior to removal?
You stated the gauge light came on, the speedometer and oil gauge stopped working?
I would remove the (3) 32 pin harness connectors from the ECU and check the pins for oxidation and then firmly snap the connectors into the ECU receptacles.

02...coil? Check with key turned to 'run' that you have voltage going in and also out of the coil primary wires (the small ones). If yes, pull a sparkplug, hook the wore back on, and ground the electrode to the block. Have a busy crank the engine over. Have spark? If yes then your ignition system is working.
Go to parts store and borrow a fuel pressure gauge. Connect to fuel rail schrader valve (same as tire pressure valve) and crank engine. You should have over 50 psi at fuel rail. If you don't then the fuel system, most likely fuel pump, is the issue.
Also be sure to always begin with a FULLY charged battery. 12.5v or better. This will make sure other system checks are starting with optimum capabilities.

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues
Check battery 1st. 12.3 Volts will just crank and crank and then barely fire up. Below that she won’t do anything on mine except crank until she clicks.