Delaware 2002 Sahara - needs new frame; in great condition otherwise; 166K miles; soft & hard top; 2nd owner since 2004 - best offer

As a followup to my posting of this morning as to a Jeep for Sale, attached are photos. Also, the Jeep since I owned it (2004) has never been in an accident, is a 6-cyl 4.0 liter, 5 speed manual, 4wd.

jeep interior.jpg

jeep tires.jpg

jeep exterior.jpg

As a followup to my posting of this morning as to a Jeep for Sale, attached are photos. Also, the Jeep since I owned it (2004) has never been in an accident, is a 6-cyl 4.0 liter, 5 speed manual, 4wd.

View attachment 504126

View attachment 504127

View attachment 504128

Pics of frame rot?

I do not have a lift so the attached are the best I could obtain crawling partially under the vehicle. I had 2 mechanic look at it and said frame needs to be replaced. There is a manufacturer of frames for the Jeep located in Montana, I believe. Price is $4,000, which would be great but the labor would be costly, more than I afford at this time.

jeepundercarriage5.jpg

jeepundercarriage4.jpg

jeepundercarriage3.jpg

jeepundercarriage2.jpg

jeepundercarriage1.jpg

Looks like someone has attempted to repair it before? The welds look solid..

Looks like someone has attempted to repair it before? The welds look solid..

It was repaired in 1 spot, the pan I believe, about 10 years ago. But more rust has occurred and when I was having the tires rotated this fall, the mechanic told me he would not drive it far or fast due to condition of frame. I had 2 other mechanics look at it after that and they said the same.

It is Best Offer, so make one. Keep in mind the tires have lots of tread. The interior other than a stain on front seat, which was there when I bought it, is in very good shape. All potential rust spots were treated before they broke open. It has been maintained regularly by mechanic. All systems work, or did when I last drove it September 2023. It has been garaged since then and almost the entire time I owned it. (BTW, the mileage was incorrect. It actually has 168,000 miles, rather than 166,000.) I bought a new soft top that has never been installed.

Nosolo65,

Attached is axel info as stated in the original Owner's Manual.

jeep axle info.jpg

Sorry for delay. Out of town. Hopefully, the pictures attached help.

Attachments

• jeepaxle.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
I do not have a lift, so these are the best I can do. Hopefully, these will answer your question.

Attachments

• rearcover.zip
    724.3 KB · Views: 32
As requested. Without lift best I can do.

Attachments​

• jeepbumper,etc13.jpg

jeepbumper,etc13.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 1
  • jeepbumper,etc.12.jpg

jeepbumper,etc.12.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 1
  • jeepbumper,etc.10.jpg

jeepbumper,etc.10.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 1
  • jeepbumper,etc10.jpg

jeepbumper,etc10.jpg