2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ anti-theft system issues

Aidynl

every time I open the back of the jeep the alarm goes off and even when trying to fold the rear seats the alarm goes off any one know how to fix this or what the issue is ? Thank you

Factory alarm ?

Like Blaine said, there was never a factory alarm option. Somebody has installed some aftermarket garbage in your TJ. My best suggestion would be to remove it, or if that’s beyond your knowledge or skill set, go to a reputable shop and have them remove it for you. I’ve never been a fan of aftermarket alarm systems. Not to say that can’t be good, but usually the guys who are installing them don’t know what they’re doing.

Like Blaine said, there was never a factory alarm option. Somebody has installed some aftermarket garbage in your TJ. My best suggestion would be to remove it, or if that’s beyond your knowledge or skill set, go to a reputable shop and have them remove it for you. I’ve never been a fan of aftermarket alarm systems. Not to say that can’t be good, but usually the guys who are installing them don’t know what they’re doing.
Thank you

Reactions: Chris

Good advice. I bought a jeep with an aftermarket alarm. I traced the wires because sometimes I cant start the car and I know its the alarm. (when I cycle alarm car starts no issues) Its a giant mess of crimps wires etc. Going to go to an alarm shop and have them remove it.

Reactions: Chris