2003 Jeep Wrangler with 6.1 Hemi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Tomcat
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
It looks like it's the TeraFlex lower long arms ONLY. You get some serious change in caster with that and the rear axle the change in pinion angle can cause issues.

Reactions: Chris
So 425 HP is too much in a TJ? Is that at the crank or on the ground? I'm asking for a friend.

At the wheels.

And I am assuming a short wheelbase, not a stretched wheelbase ;)

At the wheels.

And I am assuming a short wheelbase, not a stretched wheelbase ;)

I'm not a black vehicle fan as it's soooo damn hard to keep looking nice. I'd have to get it wrapped or something.

Stretched by how much? I'm hoping to see well north of 400HP/425TQ from my engine.

I'm not a black vehicle fan as it's soooo damn hard to keep looking nice. I'd have to get it wrapped or something.

Stretched by how much? I'm hoping to see well north of 400HP/425TQ from my engine.

Even an Unlimited wheelbase would make a big difference. All that power in such a short wheelbase might be a bit squirrly :LOL:

Reactions: Tomcat and Wildman
So 425 HP is too much in a TJ? Is that at the crank or on the ground? I'm asking for a friend.
The few times I’ve had a chance to jump hard on my stroker and it’s nothing compared to that beast, merging from a stop onto a cross street it‘ll get loose in the rear on 33X12.50 pulling into traffic, 425hp would be a whole new ballgame hell-a fun or wild ride?

I was asking about hemi swaps and was cautioned axel reliability would suffer without serious upgrades the Dana 44 wasn’t really up to the challenge.

Reactions: Wildman
The few times I’ve had a chance to jump hard on my stroker and it’s nothing compared to that beast, merging from a stop onto a cross street it‘ll get loose in the rear on 33X12.50 pulling into traffic, 425hp would be a whole new ballgame hell-a fun or wild ride?

I was asking about hemi swaps and was cautioned axel reliability would suffer without serious upgrades the Dana 44 wasn’t really up to the challenge.

I agree that the Dana 44 isn't up to the task. It seems to me the owner of this Jeep spent the funds on the engine swap and then stopped there.

Status
Not open for further replies.