Michigan 2004 Rubicon - Off the market

Mike_H

autos are better - WRWD508
Supporting Member
Price
Never thought I’d do this, but here we are. So time to sell MiRustyJeep, aka “Spare Parts.”

The Build: Mostly all Rock Jock 4” lift, including full double adjustable control arms (I cut the fixed end of the lowers, threaded them , and installed new joints). I have JKS track bars front and rear. Sway lock, new’ish General Grabber X3, 35x12.5-17. AEV pintler wheels (JK on adapters), Savvy 1.25” body lift. Savvy engine skid, Savvy fuel tank skid, UCF extra clearance belly skid (all skids are aluminum). Savvy tail lights, Besttop tailgate mounted tire carrier (which ties into the factory roll bar). New Walker quiet flow exhaust system. Up front is a customized motobilt stubby bumper, Barnes bull bar with custom mounts, and a Smittybilt X20 Winch with wireless controller. For all the smittybilt shit I've heard, its never let me down or given me a reason to change it.

Interior is mostly stock, but I have installed seat heaters and a decent stereo system. All LED interior lights. Custom Dome over ride switch for when the doors are off. Cibie H4 Headlight upgrade with larger gage wires and external relays (MUCH brighter than stock, and better color and cutoff than all but the most expensive LED lights).

Good wheeler, and I do wheel it, so its got some bumps and bruises. The Pass fender has a little crinkle in it, and there is a small dent in the tub behind the pass door.

Everyone knows how extensively I've been through this Jeep to get rid of the rust, including a new tub. I really thought I was keeping it forever, but plans change. In the interest of transparency, it DOES have a little rust hole in the frame. Its on the Driver's side, right behind the skid plate. Maybe a 1/2" diameter...more like an extra drain hole...but it is there. I've never worried about it, but always wanted to fix it, since I am who I am. I'm also having a very minor idle issue when its cold. Once the jeep transitions to closed loop mode, it seems to steady out.

153,000 miles, sierra offroad soft top, Factory Hardtop. A/C is charged and blows cold, Cruise Control works. Not sure how to price it, since they are all over the map. I think I'd like to start at $17,000 OBO and see where it goes. It is a really good jeep that just needs a couple more things (like outboard shocks and a set of corners) to really finish it out. I'd have no issues or fears jumping into it and driving it across the country.

Couple Pictures to whet the whistle. Most of these can be found in my build threads too.

IMG_0717.JPEG

IMG_20210313_195632036.jpg

IMG_20210404_183058325_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211005_215342_515.jpg

IMG_20220606_185854380.jpg

A lot of thought and work went into this Jeep to make it a reliable and capable Wrangler. (y)

Reactions: PNW_LJ and Mike_H
People dropping like flies lately. Who knows, I may be next. I get it.

I'm def not going away. If the one I'm working on doesn't work out...I'll keep this one around. It just might move up a couple timelines that have been rolling around in my head

Reactions: JMT and jjvw
Regardless of the jeep sale, you better keep that RV thread going!

GLWS, the next owner is getting a well looked after jeep.

Reactions: Mike_H