2004 TJ vacuum elbow replacement

SeizeTheKarp

So while swapping o2 sensors the other day i noticed the status of the various vacuum elbows attaching lines to my intake manifold. I scoured the forums for any listing of replacements and could not find anything concrete so i figured id post up what worked for me. Ill monitor the new parts condition and update this if i notice any premature deterioration of the elbows.

They are dorman parts and available at most local parts stores. The front elbow is part #47092. This is a basic 1/4” elbow. What i did was use the old elbow to determine the lengths of the arms and cut it with a razor blade. It is a bit of a tight fit over the line but it seems to be ok.

The middle is dorman part #46029. Again this is a tight fit on the line but it with go on.

The third i have not found a replacement for aside from ordering an entire bew vacuum line from jeep. This is $14 so its cheap enough i dont see a point in finding something that kinda works.

So here ya go. Now we can all pass CA smog together. Woo hoo

02232A95-A812-43E0-ACB9-3B36861B1FE7.jpeg

F8A3BA7F-A0EB-4704-A2FC-B0D5FA38A493.jpeg

I tried the Dorman elbows on the manifold and they didn’t hold up for very long.

I went with a silicone elbow I found at a place that does silicone turbo boots and elbows. They have small ones that’ll fit the large manifold port and they won’t ever get hard and crack and leak.

The smaller port can be fixed with straight silicone hose.

Reactions: MikeE024
I tried the Dorman elbows on the manifold and they didn’t hold up for very long.

I went with a silicone elbow I found at a place that does silicone turbo boots and elbows. They have small ones that’ll fit the large manifold port and they won’t ever get hard and crack and leak.

Link? Ill happily go with a superior option

So im assuming you trim the legs to fit? Also arent the lines smaller than 3/8”? I thought silicone tubing was wire reinforced or maybe thats just larger sizes

So im assuming you trim the legs to fit? Also arent the lines smaller than 3/8”? I thought silicone tubing was wire reinforced or maybe thats just larger sizes

Yeah, I trimmed it to fit. And the large port is 3/8. The smaller is 1/4 IIRC.

And they are reinforced, but not with metal.

C495F50A-29F3-4A14-8F8D-32565BD92E43.jpeg

Modoc Guy,
I need to replace two elbows, one is 1/4 to 1/4; the other is 5/16 to 1/2.
You wrote that you got silicone elbows .
Can you share the website / where you get them from?
Thanks.

Modoc Guy,
I need to replace two elbows, one is 1/4 to 1/4; the other is 5/16 to 1/2.
You wrote that you got silicone elbows .
Can you share the website / where you get them from?
Thanks.

I did. Well, that’s one website/vendor, and it’s only one diameter. If you Google around, you’ll find some more.

I focused on the guys that do the silicone turbo boots. Many not only had small elbows, but some had elbows with different diameter ends like you’re looking for.

But I can’t recommend anyone in particular, I found what I needed by Googling around. 😺