2005 A/C Heater Vacuum Switch

JMT

Just another auto…
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I can’t find this part for a 2005. It’s on the HVAC controls. Online it’s referred to as the A/C heater vacuum switch for the 1999-2004, in the 2005 manual it’s referred to as the Mode Switch. It’s the one on the far right that changes from blowing on the feet to blowing through the dash to blowing through the defrost. Mine just blows every which direction. Blower switch is fine. If someone knows where I can find a switch, that’s great, otherwise, will this solution work? I have an A/C system, but it doesn’t work, I found a whole new Mopar HVAC on EBay for TJ’s with NO AC. Will this work with my setup?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=193171433170

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Only issue I would see is it won’t be able to send any sort of signal to the PCM/compressor for AC. But if yours isn’t working to begin with then you wouldn’t be losing the feature.
FDE4D734-1356-4FBB-8F9C-E79EED841366.jpeg

*EDIT*

Inside the circle there’s a 3-pin connector that would normally trigger the compressor, but this specific mode switch doesn’t have any AC components built into it.
A61449CD-2025-4942-A3F1-A7D8CED4A5D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
Only issue I would see is it won’t be able to send any sort of signal to the PCM/compressor for AC. But if yours isn’t working to begin with then you wouldn’t be losing the feature.
View attachment 140368
*EDIT*

Inside the circle there’s a 3-pin connector that would normally trigger the compressor, but this specific mode switch doesn’t have any AC components built into it.
The EDIT helps, I was like, WTH when the middle slot was circled earlier. Thanks, I may try this. I found one through Summit for $43. Sure would be nice to be able to choose where the heat blew rather than just all over.

Last edited:
The EDIT helps, I was like, WTH when the middle slot was circled earlier. I may try this. I found one through Summit for $43. Sure we be nice to be able to choose where the heat blew rather than just all over.
Maybe check behind your glove box to make sure this is connected? Without this any vacuum to your blend doors will be dead. Does the mode switch have any resistance and hiss when you turn it?
493DF787-FBC5-406C-BA9A-E9CD6B963B29.jpeg

Reactions: JMT
Maybe check behind your glove box to make sure this is connected? Without this any vacuum to your blend doors will be dead. Does the mode switch have any resistance and hiss when you turn it?
View attachment 140370
No resistance or hiss when I activate the switch. It does blow, just out every vent all the time, except in the off position. I will dig back and take a look tomorrow Behind the glove box. Thanks so much for the pic!

My control dial for selecting feet or chilled air etc hisses when turning it and no air at all comes out.

I played with the air controls that increase or decrease and some of them all of a sudden have issues.

Working fine yesterday but not today.

Also a jeep TJ 05.

What does this mean and can I just replace that face plate although as the person above said they all say up to 04 model ?