2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited LJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to tell without frame photos. I like the lock on the high lift jack. As if someone would want to steal one of those :LOL:

Hard to tell without frame photos. I like the lock on the high lift jack. As if someone would want to steal one of those :LOL:

I suppose your right. Assuming it's rust free. It's not a Rubicon. But don't LJ's go for alot more than that? Not a big shopper of LJ's. But that price seemed in line with a typical nicer Sport.

I got my TJ for 6 or 7k I don't remember which off the top of my head. But when I look at something that only costs say 6k more. I cringe a bit. As all the improvements I have and will put into my TJ. Makes a nicer LJ for 6k more look awful attractive. But I didn't have the extra money at the time. And time ran out trying to find a Jeep. I think I looked for a good 2 or 3 months. Without a car. As I had sold my SUV. So I could swap out to a much simpler TJ.

But in the end I couldn't be happier with a vehicle with such simple mechanics. And part longevity. I've fixed so much stuff on it by myself. I could have never done that with a more modern vehicle.

Having said that. If I ever upgrade to a nicer Jeep. It will be an LJ. For sure. I see the need very clearly now for a larger back area. I haven't even taken my back seat out yet. But it still feels to small for a long trekking adventure. Or at least tight quarters. I would think you could almost sleep in one if you could fit a cot across diagonally. And with the seats tumbled forward. I know Iamjake on YT slept in his YJ in this manner. So I can't imagine it not working in an LJ. Would be nice to get out of really bad weather if you had too. And hunker down for the night.

I suppose your right. Assuming it's rust free. It's not a Rubicon. But don't LJ's go for alot more than that? Not a big shopper of LJ's. But that price seemed in line with a typical nicer Sport.

I got my TJ for 6 or 7k I don't remember which off the top of my head. But when I look at something that only costs say 6k more. I cringe a bit. As all the improvements I have and will put into my TJ. Makes a nicer LJ for 6k more look awful attractive. But I didn't have the extra money at the time. And time ran out trying to find a Jeep. I think I looked for a good 2 or 3 months. Without a car. As I had sold my SUV. So I could swap out to a much simpler TJ.

But in the end I couldn't be happier with a vehicle with such simple mechanics. And part longevity. I've fixed so much stuff on it by myself. I could have never done that with a more modern vehicle.

Having said that. If I ever upgrade to a nicer Jeep. It will be an LJ. For sure. I see the need very clearly now for a larger back area. I haven't even taken my back seat out yet. But it still feels to small for a long trekking adventure. Or at least tight quarters. I would think you could almost sleep in one if you could fit a cot across diagonally. And with the seats tumbled forward. I know Iamjake on YT slept in his YJ in this manner. So I can't imagine it not working in an LJ. Would be nice to get out of really bad weather if you had too. And hunker down for the night.

Non-Rubicon LJs don't seem to go for nearly as much as the Rubicon models. I see them listed around here quite often for around 15k give or take.

So yes, that one is cheap, but there's a lot of unknowns. No frame photos, and not much to go off of. The frame could be toast for all we know.

An LJ is a great upgrade for sure. You get more room than a TJ, which is nice, especially if you take it on longer trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.