2006 LJR “Mongo”

Pullski

TJ Enthusiast
Hey all! I just received my 2006 LJ Rubicon! Purchased from TX with only 81k miles on it. I’ve given it a good look over and it came with some cool goodies (and some not so cool quirks). Overall I’m incredibly stoked. What I know:
-Hardtop - cool but I miss the sun rider on my JK (lemme know of y’all got one)
-6 speed-STOKED
Poweraid TB spacer (WOOOHOOO MORE POWER) - not
-Rancho shocks with compressor for adjustable feel
-has a pretty big lift (4”?) need help ID’ing brand/size
-Champion aluminium radiator/fan with painless wiring harness
-some Chinabilt bumpers/sliders which are coming off ASAP
-Black rock wheels with some beefy BFG Mud Terrains
-Warn winch without a controller (need help ID’ing model so I can get a controller)
-otherwise stock and in solid shape

70CA1184-D78B-4B9E-88B6-6484301DD83E.jpeg

6B2E9A30-0808-45B7-87DF-20AA44D47E62.jpeg

300DC38D-409B-4CE1-9596-B0E3EB7C1367.jpeg

7737EE09-454E-4060-A937-75104A4AAD51.jpeg

F7F99C63-A50A-4E46-AE91-CED69AC0B0BB.jpeg

C08DB6AA-FB8B-41CC-A34F-47737B047A5A.jpeg

35BE29AE-2B3F-4E80-8D0E-BF43285AC61C.jpeg

86612F27-0166-45C5-B325-7DB9971FFC54.jpeg

41DF05AC-4051-4B90-A20A-E23C25918B63.jpeg

7CF2633E-74E6-4D05-8CBB-5E2EBE61EB1E.jpeg

451C686F-1AEE-4BF6-A617-BFF116066E4C.jpeg

F0BA33FB-B04B-42BB-BDF8-16B8AE0D119D.jpeg

Welcome! Looks like a nice clean slate to start with! Its tough to ID springs but take a picture of the control arms, joints and belly pan. We can then speculate from there but it could be pieced together from multiple companies.

Hey welcome! Very nice LJ! Looks like a fun rig to start with. Are you in San Diego?

Paint those fenders and it will look even better.

I agree though, looks like a really nice Unlimited Rubicon. Glad to hear you're taking off the Chinese bumpers and sliders ;)

Reactions: Alex01
Paint those fenders and it will look even better.

I agree though, looks like a really nice Unlimited Rubicon. Glad to hear you're taking off the Chinese bumpers and sliders ;)
Lol those fenders are going to be history here as soon as I can figure out who I’m going to get to replace them (genright, JCR, rock hard) aka something ‘MERICAN

Thank you! Yeah it seems to be a lot of bump...I’m puzzled as to why...kinda defeats the purpose of a larger lift if you can’t really get that extra flex 💪🏻
Agreed. Make sure to take lots of pics of your suspension from several angles.

Lol those fenders are going to be history here as soon as I can figure out who I’m going to get to replace them (genright, JCR, rock hard) aka something ‘MERICAN

Oh good... honestly not a fan of those either. If that was mine I would put GenRight highline fenders on there 100%.

Looks like someone just went full out China with that thing ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Nickgsjeep
It’s an awesome rig! It makes my barebones JK feel like a luxury car 😂 which is great. I am indeed in San Diego, but the pictures are from the seller in Texas!
Nice! We gotta get together and go wheeling!

Reactions: Pullski
Oh good... honestly not a fan of those either. If that was mine I would put GenRight highline fenders on there 100%.

Looks like someone just went full out China with that thing ;)
It’s weird because the wheels, tires, and Rancho shocks are good quality, but it seems as though they kinda half-baked the rest of it. I’m hoping they spent all the money on the lift/components and just slumped out on the appearance pieces. Fingers crossed I don’t have to drop some serious money to upgrade to a better quality lift.

It’s weird because the wheels, tires, and Rancho shocks are good quality, but it seems as though they kinda half-baked the rest of it. I’m hoping they spent all the money on the lift/components and just slumped out on the appearance pieces. Fingers crossed I don’t have to drop some serious money to upgrade to a better quality lift.

Yep, I hear you there. I'd rather buy a vehicle with a nice lift and the suspension sorted out. IMHO, it's easier to deal with cosmetic stuff like this. You can take that stuff off and people will buy it left and right, so you'll recoup some money as well.

In my mind, the most important mods to look for are suspension / drivetrain mods.

Will do...I’m hoping it’s a quality lift. I do know that the red poly bushings on some of the joints are in kind of rough shape.
If its a poly bushing on your CAs, then they're not flex joints, which lead me to believe it's not a quality lift. At a minimum, bushings on either end of a solid arm are significantly restricting flex. This could be why they're in rough shape.

Yep, I hear you there. I'd rather buy a vehicle with a nice lift and the suspension sorted out. IMHO, it's easier to deal with cosmetic stuff like this. You can take that stuff off and people will buy it left and right, so you'll recoup some money as well.

In my mind, the most important mods to look for are suspension / drivetrain mods.
I 100% agree there. I’ve got a decent set of tools, but nowhere near the stuff needed to completely redo the suspension.

Reactions: Chris
If its a poly bushing on your CAs, then they're not flex joints, which lead me to believe it's not a quality lift. At a minimum, bushings on either end of a solid arm are significantly restricting flex. This could be why they're in rough shape.
Off the top of my head, I can’t remember where they are...